My Career Path

My Career Path

it's like a stressful game of pin-ball...

211
My Career Path
Google

My Career Path

My career goals have been like a very intense game of pin-ball, bouncing off a handful of exciting options to chose from. Now as I've grown and matured over the years my need to play around with the fate of my aspirations have come to a stand still, one of which I've finally come to the conclusion of my career path for the future.

As a senior in high school I'm ready to announce my plans for the future (as every college has already forced me decide way back in September when deciding a major), I will be studying Psychology in hopes to become a Psychologist, School Counselor or even double up with an education degree and end up teaching psychology myself. I discovered my love of the human mind and the reactions people have to the obstacles in front of them early on in my high school career as I pondered the importance of balance and emotions. Over the years I have also witnessed many cases of mental illness around me and instead of feeling powerless I want to be able to offer a helping hand and solution to the hurting people in the world.

For the education degree aspect I mentioned earlier, I do find myself interested in teaching since a very young age, but it is the lack of positions that causes me to stray away from fully pursing a career in that field. Potentially I do see myself choosing to teach Psychology in a school or even doubling my major to teach English and council on the side. If I chose to follow the teaching field and school environment I will also look into becoming the director of my very own high school drama club. This passion is fueled by the good memories and development that I faced in my many years in theatre.

No matter what I chose to follow in my future I know that I have what it takes to flourish and succeed in life because I am driven and optimistic.