She’s Not My Big Or Little, She’s Just My Girl

They've impacted my life on a whole other level.

5
Madison Skinner

First off, don't get me wrong I love my big and my little so, so much, but they are way more to that! Over the past year, my big has taught me so many things. She has taught me to keep my cool when a professor is flipping dumb dumb, not just dumb but like failing the whole class dumb because he doesn't know how to teach. She has taught me to not be ashamed to ask for help. She has taught me what a true friend is and how a true friendship actually works. She's taught me that not everyone understands my sense of humor like she does. She has pushed me to study. She has pushed me to become a leader and rise above the expectations. She has prepared me for the next few years of my life in the short time that I've known her, and I could never repay her for that. She is my go-to when I need to go to Walmart, but I don't want to go by myself. She is down for dinner plans anytime I ask. She is always to talk to me and assure me that one grade does not define my life. She is my freaking girl.

As for my little, I've only known her for a few months, but I already know she's my freaking girl, too. From the moment we met, we clicked and I knew I was about to get a new best friend. I am ready to become what my big has become for me for her. I am ready to be her rock when classes get rough, especially when we "are not well"(little insider sorry not sorry). I am ready for the late night library crying sessions, lord knows I'm far too prepared for that. I also know that she'll be there for me. I knew that I wanted to be her friend, and I am so glad that I am able to be her big. I can't wait to see where this journey takes our sweet family.

I am beyond thanful that these two ladies came into my life when they did, I would not be the person I am today without either of them. They have both impacted my life is such awesome ways, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us. Here's to many more memories with my awesome fam!