An Open Letter To My Best Friends

An Open Letter To My Best Friends

Best friends are the greatest of all blessings.
48

Some people have one best friend, and some people have five best friends. I have a few best friends that I know I can go to with anything and everything. There is something to be said for the most important people in your life: the friends that make you feel safe , even if you are far away from them. They make everything seem a little better somehow. They know who they are, and they deserve some recognition, so here it is!

I am so thankful to have best friends who will listen to me rant about a boy that I won't kick to the curb even though they have told me a million times that he is not the one. They listen to me talk about how I don't like how certain people do certain things. They listen to me complain about how tired I am, and how sick I am, and how terrible my life is. I always have something negative to say about something, and it is nice to have someone listen to everything even though it may be about nothing. College is full of people who will lie like it is nothing. I am thankful to have besties who always take up for me and believe me when I say something. Thank you for convincing me what's best for me (like forcing me to go to the doctor when I am sick, going to class, and going to work out). When your parents aren't at college with you to remind you to keep your head on your shoulders, having your best friends step in can be the next best thing.

I am thankful to have different friends that I know I can go to for different things. I have one friend that will tell me how it is no matter what, one who consoles me when I feel like crap about myself, and one who is just like me and will tell me exactly what she would do in the situation. The beauty of having more than one best friend is that you always will have someone there for you. So thank you. Thank you for random road trips to go shopping at Dirt Cheap, riding out to the refuge and just talking for hours, or just watching a movie on Netflix with me when I don't feel good. Your good friends know a lot of stories about you, but you best friends lived them with you and are a part in them- and my best friends are.

Basically, I don't know what my life would be like without a few non-blood family members. I love waking up every morning knowing I can call one of my best friends up and we go on a spur of the moment adventure somewhere. Transitioning from high school to college is not easy, and having best friends that care about you and would never judge you really plays a huge part in a person's life. Friends grow into best friends, and best friends are for life. Thank you for being such an important part of my life.