A Thank You Letter

A Thank You Letter

Who knew two strangers could mean so much.

5
A Thank You Letter
Baylee Crook

I want to start off by saying thank you. Thank you for being there when no one else was. Thank you for knowing the right things to say at the right time. Thank you for always replying to the group message even if it's 2:00 in the morning.

Transferring to a new school is not something that is going to be easy especially when you're a shy and awkward girl who isn't good at meeting new people. Little did I know, transfer orientation was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship between three transfer students. Girls who had never even heard of each other became close in a matter of two days.

Looking back now, I don't know how I would have survived those two days without y'all. Who knew that we would be as close as we are now. I would have never imagined that a friendship could blossom so quickly and honestly, I didn't even know that I needed two new friends.

Friends aren't something you take for granted. True friends are so rare that when you find them, you better hold on tight. Friends are people you can tell anything and everything to and you don't have to worry about anyone judging you. Friends are those who will laugh when you fall, check to see if you're okay, and then continue to laugh after you tell them you're fine. Friends are much more than just friends. They're the people who become family. The people you couldn't picture your life without.

I know I have a weird obsession with baseball players, but y'all support and encourage it which makes me love y'all even more. Thank y'all for not thinking it's weird when I just want to stand there and watch them practice, even though it's completely weird and I should really stop doing it. I can't help it and y'all are completely okay with that.

Thank y'all for listening to me complain about anything and everything and telling me what I want to hear even if it's not actually what I should do. At the same time, thank y'all for telling me the truth and not caring if it hurts my feelings because it's what needs to be done and it's for the best.

Ending it with this, thank y'all for being the friends I didn't know I needed and being there for me no matter what. I don't know how I would make it through life without the both of you. I love y'all so much!