My Addiction To Youtube

I watch Youtube. A lot. It is a serious addiction everyone. You can find anything on there. From at home quick fixes to silly music parodies to beauty tutorials, YouTube is probably my most used app. I watch it more than I watch TV. It is waaayyy more interesting and realistic, apart from all the editing and lighting and planning and what not but that is besides the point. It is somewhere you can interact with your favorite entertainers and see what their lives are like. You can see their blogs where you "go everywhere" with them and see what they do on a day-to-day basis.

It is also a huge basis for inspiration and ideas. You can find anything you need, want, or don't want to see on there. One of my favorite things to look up are baking and cooking tips because then you can actually see what you are supposed to do and it is even slightly interactive if the entertainer talks to the screen when they are demonstrating and makes it seem less uptight. They allow the viewers to directly affect what they make. If the viewers ask them to do something enough then they do it. This is different from television because TV networks just use ratings and not actual commentary from their viewers for the most part.

In terms of just wanting something fun to watch, there are so many you tubers to watch with so many different styles. One of my favorite channels is Good Mythical Morning. They are family friendly, funny, and unique. They have a different series for everyday of the week and no two episodes are the same. Rhett and Link are two crazy dad's who are best friends and decided to come together to do something fun and now they are two of the biggest youtubers. They, like many others, have revolutionized entertainment and made it way more unique and original.

One of the best things about Youtube is that we can see what the people we watch do when they aren't sitting and making stuff or following a skit or something. Many of them vlog and show us what they do apart from that and show us what they like to do. It is extremely interesting to watch them do things they actually love and to get to feel a more intimate connection with them, which is what many viewers want and why I love it so much. You actually get to know the people you watch even though you don't know them (that sounds low-key creepy). It is however a huge advantage to the content makers because it also allows them to know their viewers and what they like as well.

Youtube is a huge platform with huge personalities and an audience larger than it. It is wildly popular with everyone (especially me) and never fails to make people laugh or to give you just the helpful hint you need. It is a wonderful thing built on interesting things and will probably always be my not so secret addiction.