My 5 Favorite Bible Verses To Get Me Through College

These verses help me deal with stress in my everyday life.

3281

As the stress of college and just simply life slap me in the face every morning as I trudge to the bathroom to wash my face, I never realized how much I truly need God not only being a college student, but as a person. It truly is my light to guide me back when I take a turn down the wrong "tunnel."

What I’ve noticed through college is that this is the time in which you completely become yourself. You are truly sculpting yourself into who you are destined to be in the future. I feel that college students especially shouldn't be embarrassed or afraid to engulf their self into their religion, because at the end of the day, for me at least, it helps me with whatever stress I've endured that day.

I have no clue if I am interpreting these verses correctly, but I am interpreting them with an open mind hoping that God allows me to understand his words the way He wants me to, not the way I want to.

Here are my top five favorite Bible verses, and I hope they bring to you as much comfort and happiness as they do for me.

Romans 8:28: "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

My mom always told me, “We all have a purpose in this world, we’re given special talents that God has made us for; it’s our job to use these talents to our fullest potential.” In this scripture I see how my mom allows God to speak through her to me. Embrace your special talents, because everyone has something that makes them unique. God did that on purpose.

Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

This verse to me gives me the feeling of having a backbone, knowing that I always have someone to help guide me when I need to make decisions for myself. To me this verse tells me that I shouldn't be scared of what is going to be in front of me on my journey, but to take everything in as a lesson or a blessing.

Philippians 4:13" "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Who doesn't love this verse? It's one of those "feel good" verses because you feel empowered to take on whatever task is given to you or needs to be done for your day.

1 Peter 5:6-7: "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

In my opinion this is a perfect verse for any stressed college student. Stop and take five minutes from your day that is filled with nonstop action to slow your mind. When you get the attitude of "I can't do this anymore" remember this quote. Trust me.

1 Peter 2:15: "For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people."

To me this verse is saying, love yourself, your work, and don't ever let anyone make you feel like you aren't something. Because you are, and God made you the way you are because He saw the purpose for you in the world. Don't let someone who has no idea what they are saying make you feel any less than you truly are.

I hope these verses help you with whatever you need them to help you with in life. Words are powerful; to me these words have the highest power in my life.