My list of favorite movies

Must watch Movies for millennials

A list of some of my favorite movies that you may not have heard about.

49
Must watch Movies for millennials

Everyone has their go to movies that are their favorites. Here is a look at my top ten.

1. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993)

It will make you and cry as you experience the journey of three pets who get separated from their family. Sassy is the best and Shadow is wise. I remember watching this movie when I was kid and I just came across it again a few weeks while channel surfing. It's a heartwarming tale that must be seen.

2. Armageddon (1998)

Armageddon is truly one of THE BEST disaster movies of all time. Bruce Willis and Ben Afleck make one fantastic movie. Watching it will certainly not disappoint. Never send an astronaut to do a driller's job. Warning: There is a scene in this movie that will make you cry like a baby, consider yourself warned.

3. Alien (1979)

Nothing screams horror like this non-stop thriller and it all happens in space! If you like scary movies this takes it to a whole new level. It's an Iconic film from the brilliant mind of Ridley Scott. Do yourself a favor and watch it during the day, watching it at night just make it more scary.

4. The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965)

Don't let the year of release discourage you. This movie is an amazing journey of the artist Michelangelo and the painting of the Sistine Chapel. If you have an appreciation for the arts it's definitely a must see!

5. Hacksaw Ridge (2016)

This a recent favorite of mine. It's based on the true story of a very courageous and strong willed young man who serves his country in a time of need. It's amazing how the story really draws you in. Vince Vaughn makes a switch from comedy to a serious role and does an amazing job portraying a commanding officer.

6. The Fifth Element (1997)

One of the coolest movies of all time! If you haven't seen it, it's time to educate yourself. It's a futuristic adventure that combines an unlikely hero and the elusive fifth element to protect the world from impending doom that threatens all life on earth every 5000 years.

7. Grease (1978)

What teen hasn't seen this movie?! It's a look at the life of high school students that are exploring love and relationships while finishing their senior year of high school. The wardrobe and automobiles alone are enough to make you want to watch this movie.

8. The Breakfast Club (1985)

This is young adult movie that can relate to all of us somehow. Those kids that we once were in high school. The jock, the popular girl, the emo/lonely girl, the nerd. It represents us all!

9. Angels In America (2003)

This film shows the struggles that AIDS presented to people in the 80's. Not only are they struggling with AIDS but their religion and relationships as well. I saw the play and fell in love with the story.

10. Cat On A Hot Tin Roof

I saved the best for last! Most of you are probably scratching your heads wondering about this title. It's about a wash up football player and his dying father. Elizabeth Taylor is stunning in this role. It is well worth a watch just to see the difference of what film was in this decade.

There is my list of Must See Films. It's a wide variety but that's because I don't limit myself to a particular genre one time period. If I listed it would be well into the hundreds. Take a chance and give these films a view. You'll thank me later.