10 Movies To Watch If You're In A Halloween Mood Even Though It's Only September
Life Stages

Just because Halloween is next month doesn't mean you can't start celebrating now, right?

802

If you're anything like me, the first day of September pretty much marks the beginning of Halloween season. And don't get me wrong, I know fall doesn't officially start for another couple of weeks, but I'm already prepared for drinking apple cider, busting out the sweaters, and pretty much anything to do with pumpkins.

That being said, one of my favorite ways to get into the season is by watching Halloween movies, so here's a list of movies to watch if you're ready for Halloween.

1. "Hocus Pocus."

"Hocus Pocus" is pretty much a classic Halloween movie, with witches and curses and talking cats! In other words, if you need something to get you into the spirit, this movie is definitely it.

2. "Halloweentown."

This is one of the first movies I can remember watching around Halloween, and it remains one of my favorites! It's so interesting to see Halloweentown and all of its inhabitants!

3. "Casper."

Ghosts are yet another classic when it comes to Halloween, and it just wouldn't be the same without Casper! Not to mention Christina Ricci is adorable in this film!

4. "The Addams Family."

The Addams family pretty much lives like it's Halloween year-round (and I don't blame them, they're pretty much family goals), so watching this movie (and the sequel) always gets me into the spirit!

5. "The Haunted Mansion."

What screams Halloween more than a haunted mansion? Nothing! And that's why "The Haunted Mansion" is such a classic for the holiday.

6. "Twitches."

In this film, the two sisters have their birthday on Halloween, which is the same day they find each other and discover their powers! While this doesn't really revolve around Halloween, the witches theme definitely ties in and makes it worth a watch.

7. "Monster House."

Honestly, I don't usually watch a ton of scary movies around Halloween (and trust me, I know this movie is not that scary). But this movie creeped me out a lot when I was a kid, and takes "haunted house" to a whole new level.

8. "Beetlejuice."

I would argue that pretty much any Time Burton film could work as a Halloween movie. The feel behind them is a little dark and a lot spooky, and "Beetlejuice" is no different! This poltergeist is perfect for the Halloween season.

9. "Corpse Bride." 

Corpse Bride is one of my favorite movies, Halloween or not, but the concept (accidentally marrying a corpse and being dragged into the underworld) makes it a bit more Halloween-like, if you ask me.

10. "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

Yes, I know, there's an ongoing debate about whether or not this film is a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie. But why choose? Since there are sprinklings of both Halloween AND Christmas in this movie, my recommendation is that you start watching it now and don't stop until the new year!