Trust Is A Must

Trust Is A Must

Takes time to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.

8
Trust Is A Must
hastac.org

How long does it take for you to trust someone? An hour, a week, a month? Think about it, can you name someone or a group of people you can go to about anything and everything and know they will always be there for you no matter what, to help, confide, and support you? What does the word trust mean to you? With so many individuals in this world, we all have different minds and ways of going about handling situations in our daily lives. There is no exact timing or right or wrong answer because everyone is different. But who you trust is VERY important.

The word trust is defined as:” the firm belief in the reliability or truth of someone or something”. When it comes to all friendships and relationships, how do we really know we can trust someone?

Whether it’s holding our deepest darkest secrets, babysitting, dog-sitting, walking you home at night, promises, or holding your heart; how do we know someone is trustworthy with what is valuable to us? Being human, no one is perfect, but we all were given the gift of instincts. First impressions we have all been told the common line “look presentable and be on your best behavior”. All good things, it’s always good to be respectful and nice to others and looking presentable is a plus. But the biggest problem when it comes to meeting new people and starting at new places is the transition to a different lifestyle and building trust when it reality it could just be an act to please others. The worst part is some people may get stuck in a routine of acting fake and not be able to come out of their shell to show their true self due to being accepted. But this is all based on perception and communication. With that being said, the biggest factor that maintains good relationships is, communication is key!

How we communicate with others when it comes to respect, loyalty, and being honest is how we form friendships and relationships. It would be impossible to meet new people without showing interest no matter what you are labeled. A positive in our generation is we can reach out to each other with several forms of communication, but a negative is the word travels around fast and we don’t know who else may be seeing what we send or talk about. It says it in the word itself “us” is in trust. We hear it all the time no matter how long we have been somewhere or have known someone, relationships are always a two-way street between you and another or group.

With that being said, know your boundaries! It’s important to know what you are comfortable with as well as whom you are comfortable with and can trust. If you have bad vibes or are unsure then don’t chance it. We have all had some kind of train wreck in our lives whether it was with a friend or someone you dated. Everything comes down to trust and communication. Lastly, value yourself, others, and all your relationships. We live in a big world and people come and go, stop holding on to situations that you need to let go.