All The Must-See Art Openings In Chicago This summer

You can't miss these summer art openings!
41

Whether you're a regular art-goer an art student or someone who has just been meaning to go out more, this is a helpful guide to what is going on in Chicago this summer.

Art devotees look no further, your weekend lineup has arrived, detailing the biggest art events in the windy city, from River North to the West Loop!

Chicago Summer Arts Guide

*Openings are typically 5-9 pm

Tuesday Evenings Now - August:
  • Free Summer Concerts at the MCA's Terrace Garden featuring performers from the Chicago jazz community
  • The summer lineup includes:

- Jul 18: Jason Stein Trio
- Jul 25: Willie Pickens Trio
- Aug 1: Dee Alexander
- Aug 8: Pharez Whitted
- Aug 15: Twin Talk
- Aug 22: Xavier Breaker Coalition
- Aug 29: Rajiv Halim
- Sep 5: Fred Anderson Legacy Project
- Sep 12: Ari Brown Quintet
- Sep 19: Tatsu Aoki's The MIYUMI Project
- Sep 26: Mikel Patrick Avery PLAY

• *Be sure to check out the Takashi Murakami exhibit "The Octopus Eats Its Own Leg" showing now through September 24th.
Now - October 22nd:
  • Take a trip to Milwaukee to see works by Deborah Butterfield, Jim Dine, Michelle Grabner, John Henry, Sol Lewitt, Tony Tasset and others on view throughout downtown Milwaukee. *The Milwaukee Art Museum offers weekly docent-led trolley tours of Sculpture Milwaukee Installation
  • *Check out Rashid Johnson: Hail We Now Sing Joy at the Milwaukee Museum of Art, open now through September 17th.

Thursday, July 13th:
  • Western Exhibitions
  • Rhona Hoffman
  • Shane Campbell *Lincoln Park
  • Intuit
  • Zg Gallery
  • Corbett vs. Dempsey
  • Shane Campbell *South Loop
  • 65Grand
  • Museum of Contemporary Photography
Friday, July 14th:
  • Addington
  • Jean Albano
  • Victor Armendariz
  • Andrew Bae
  • Catherine Edelman
  • Gruen
  • Carl Hammer
  • Hilton-Asmus
  • Ken Saunders
  • Schneider | jdc
  • Vale Craft
  • Galerie Waterton
  • Weinberg/Newton
  • Zolla/Lieberman
  • DOCUMENT
  • Chicago Arts District
  • Studio Oh!

Saturday, July 15th:
  • PATRON (4-7 pm)
Friday, July 21st:
  • Yale Factor
Milwaukee Art Walk, Friday, July 21st and Saturday, July 22nd:
  • Make a trip to Wisconsin for Milwaukee's Third Ward Gallery Night & Day
Friday, July 28th:
  • Firecat
Saturday, July 29th:
  • LVL3 Gallery

Friday, August 4th:
  • ACRE (Group Show) 1345 W. 19th St.
  • UIMA
Friday, August 5th:
  • Vertical Gallery
Friday, August 11th:
  • Chicago Arts District
Saturday, August 12th:
  • Salon Artists (12-4 pm)
Friday, August 18th:
  • Yale Factor
Friday, August 25th:
  • Firecat

Gallery Index

River North

Addington Gallery

704 N. Wells

Chicago, IL 60654

Andrew Bae Gallery

300 W. Superior

Chicago, IL 60654

Carl Hammer Gallery

740 N. Wells

Chicago, IL 60654

Catherine Edelman Gallery

300 W. Superior

Lower Level

Chicago, IL 60654

Victor Armendariz

300 W. Superior

Chicago, IL 60654

Hilton | Asmus Contemporary

716 N. Wells
Chicago, IL 60654

Gruen Galeries

226 W. Superior
Chicago, IL 60654

Glaerie Waterton

311 W. Superior, Suite 115
Chicago, IL 60654

Jean Albano Gallery

215 W. Superior

Chicago, IL 60654

Ken Saunders Gallery

230 W. Superior

Chicago, IL 60654

Schneider | jdc

770 N LaSalle, Ste. 401
Chicago, IL 60654

Vale Craft Gallery

230 W. Superior

Chicago, IL 60654

Weinberg/Newton Gallery

300 W. Superior Ste. 203

Chicago, IL 60654

Zolla/Lieberman

325 W. Huron

Chicago, IL 60654

Zg Gallery

300 W Superior St

Chicago, IL 60654

West Side

Carrie Secrist

835 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607

Chicago Artists Coalition (CAC)

217 N. Carpenter
Chicago, IL 60607

DOCUMENT

1709 W. Chicago
Chicago, IL 60622

Intuit

756 N. Milwaukee
Chicago, IL 60642

PATRON

673 N. Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

Rhona Hoffman

118 N. Peoria (60607)

Vertical Gallery

1016 N. Western
Chicago, IL 60622

Volume Gallery

1709 W. Chicago
Chicago (60622)

Western Exhibitions

1709 W. Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60622

Firecat

2124 N Damen Ave

Chicago, IL 60647

LVL3

1542 N Milwaukee Ave #3

Chicago, IL 60622

UIMA

2320 W Chicago Ave

Chicago, IL 60622

Corbett vs. Dempsey

1120 N Ashland Ave

Chicago, IL 60622

65Grand

3252 W North Ave

Chicago, IL 60647

South Side

Chicago Arts District

1945 S. Halsted
Chicago (60608)

Studio Oh!

1837 South Halsted Street,
Chicago IL, 60608

Yale Factor

Zhou B Art Center
1029 W. 35th St., Ste. 309
Chicago, IL 60609

Shane Campbell Gallery

2021 S Wabash Ave

Chicago, IL 60616

Michigan Avenue

Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA)

220 E. Chicago
Chicago, IL 60611

Museum of Contemporary Photography (MoCP)

Columbia College Chicago
600 S. Michigan
Chicago, IL 60605

Happy viewing, art enthusiasts!

And remember to stay in the loop when it comes to Chicago gallery openings, artist talks, and special events by checking out The Visualist and Chicago Gallery News for regular updates and listings.