10 Must-Reads For Your Fall Reading List

Even though summer is ending, a booklover's fun is just beginning!

138
https://unsplash.com/photos/Q9OaF8CvMS0

One thing I find even more exciting than the return to school is the smell of a book spine and its freshly printed pages. That's right: now that classes are starting back up and for those of us lucky enough not to have permanent and full-time jobs yet, it's time to plan the ultimate fall reading list. Below, see some of my selections!

1. "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy

This is a book of about 1,300 pages that not only makes a long-lasting buddy for your cozy days in, but also takes place in one of the coldest places on earth. I promise that this odyssey of a novel isn't nearly as boring as it seems!

2. "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom

Much like the world its changing seasons, this book is all about the changing phases of life and accepting what will happen in each of these phases. It's sad, I'll admit, but the life lessons Morrie teaches are limitless and essential.

3. "Daughter of Fortune" by Isabel Allende

If you're looking for a way to escape the cold, flee the fall weather with this fantastic novel by Allende. It features an incredibly strong female character who traipses through South America in search of her lost lover and ends up finding herself along the way.

4. "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë 

Because there is nothing better than a mix of ghost stories and romance on a chilly day! As one of my favorite books of all time, "Jane Eyre" is guaranteed to keep your attention on an October day when you're stuck inside!

5. "The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer 

This is at the top of my to-read list for its described mix of historical fiction (set during and after WWII) and the allure of a book club!

6. "Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine" by Gail Honeyman

This story, like the next one on my list, is soon to be a movie, so I've got to read the book to prepare! This sounds like a sweet story of unlikely friends and seems to provide a reminder to all of us to step out of our comfort zones!

7. "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han

Another book that I'm interested in reading. From the attention this book received after it came out as a Netflix movie, I'm definitely thinking of reading the book (first, of course).

8. "A Place For Us" by Fatima Farheen Mirza

This book is one I will definitely hit this fall because it is especially relevant to today's political and social climate!

9. "Calypso" by David Sedaris 

Even though summer is gone, you can dive into this book by Sedaris that takes place in a beach house. But from what I've heard about this book, it goes much deeper than that.

10. "Tigerland" by Wil Haygood 

Lastly, what better way to celebrate the return to Miami by reading a book by one if its alums!

While I can't vouch for all of these from personal experience, they, along with the ones I have already read myself, certainly made a splash in the literary world. So now that summer days are dwindling to a close, it's time to find that stereotypical blanket, make that clichèd hot cup of tea and curl up with one of these books. Happy fall!