Major Safety Tips that You Must Follow while Travelling
Education

While travelling, be it in the country or abroad, one must follow safety guidelines to save last minute hassles or just to avoid a tragic situation as soon as possible. Follow these important safety tips while travelling!

109

Travelling is one of the most exciting activities for anyone but there is uncertainty of everything and you never know what, where and how things get turn into a nightmare. For instance, imagine you were travelling by air and have lost your luggage or while travelling via train, you have lost your valuables or forgot to take some important documents that were required. These things are very common and keep happening with all of us. However, these mishaps can be handled if you have made your plans in advance or kept all necessary backups. Thus, while travelling, be it in the country or abroad, one must follow safety guidelines to save last minute hassles or just to avoid a tragic situation as soon as possible. Follow these important safety tips while travelling!

Make a Check List & Remember to Check It

Everyone is acquainted with the idea of making a checklist since childhood. This is what you should still do while leaving for an outdoor tour. Make a list of things that you are supposed to carry and things you have to do a day before leaving for the trip. Make sure that you have completed all your tasks and checked all the items you are supposed to take in the list.

Keep Separate Sources of Money

Keeping money and related bank cards at different spots while at home is a usual practice that we follow. Similar is what you should do while travelling too. As a matter of fact, keeping different sources of money / bank cards in baggage or pockets is a very good idea to be safe in case you lost your wallet or handbag. Getting mugged or lost in a distant location and being without a single penny is a terrible idea.

Place a Tiny Bag inside Your Luggage

While travelling, all of us carry a huge bag but there is always a chance that a thief is behind you take out some stuffs from your bag. Therefore, pack a small bag in your larger bag. This way, you can keep your valuable stuff by putting them in a small bag. Another alternative way of keeping them safe is under your feet or on your train berth.

Buy Travel Insurance

Certainly a blessing in disguise, travel insurance leaves you tension-free while travelling. Suppose you are travelling abroad and going to face a serious illness or injury, hospital cost are too high in foreign. It is going to cost you a fortune. This is where pre-acquired travel insurance will serve you the best. Whatever may be the damage, a travel insurance policy (covering appropriate requirements depending on the coverage taken) can help you.

Avoid Displaying Your Wealth

No matters how rich you are, whether a backpacker or a usual traveler, displaying your wealth on another land is not a good idea. Specifically in the instance when you are travelling abroad, where you may be richer than the locals but publicizing this fact by wearing gold jewelries or carrying anything eye-catchy may land you in trouble. It would make you nothing but a direct target for thieves or getting mugged. So, keep all valuable items and things at home that are not required. In case of camera, keep it safe in bag when not using it.

Do a Proper Research

Don't forget to do a good research about your transport and hotel. Always know from where to get taxis or other methods of transportation to avoid getting conned of mugged. Don't share cabs with stranger in a strange city. While staying in a hotel, take note of emergency exits, fire escapes and various other safety requirements. Try getting maximum information about the city and local transport from your hotel manager or tourist information desk.

Be Double Sure of Baggage Safety

It is advisable to travel light and take as minimum baggage as possible. But still if you have to carry a lot of baggage, make sure of its safety as well. Keep all your bags properly locked and get them checked in as soon as possible if you are travelling by air. Do not leave them unattended at a public place.

Keep Track of Your Health

First of all, you should make sure that you are not suffering from any type of diseases before planning a trip as it will be a trouble for you in case you feel sick at an unknown place. While travelling, one should have the essentials like motion sickness pills, robotics, pain killers and bug repellants. Before planning your trip, don't forget to consult your doctor and get the proper checkups done. You should also make sure that all essential prescription pills are loaded for some days extra than the planned duration of your trip. So along with following above safety tips for a secure journey, plan your trip with EaseMyTrip and have a wonderful travel experience.