Music to Study to!

Music to Study to!

Learn to listen to music without words.

This week us Disney Alumni article writers for the odyssey were asked to write about something that we were passionate about. So I decided to talk about my favorite type of music while also incorporating some study music suggestions for any students reading this. The music that I am passionate about is instrumental soundtrack music. I'm not really sure when this started but it's music that I have always enjoyed! There's just something about how the orchestra comes together to tell the story of a film/tv show in a different way then just watching it! Heck even Joss Whedon made a point of showing us how music makes such a difference in our viewing experience when he did the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "The Body" and stripped the whole episode of any background music.

This music is something that I think I am always going to love and I just want to share it with others to show them how great it all really is by sharing some of my favorites.

How to Train Your Dragon by John Powell

Listening to this almost makes it feel like you're flying and it's just such a good sound that can instantly transport you to your happy place.

Best Tracks:

*Forbidden Friendship-x

*See You Tomorrow-x

*Test Drive-x

*Coming Back Around-x

John Williams

You might not know his name, but you probably know his music. This guy is the genius behind almost all of the classics from Star Wars to Harry Potter. I'll only mention a few of my favorites but believe there are more!

Best Tracks:

*The Hologram/Binary Sunset-Star Wars a New Hope x

*Raiders March- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark x

*Leaving Hogwarts (This makes me cry every time)- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone x

*Buckbeak's flight- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban x

*The Superman Theme - Superman x

Patrick Doyle

Best Tracks:

*Neville's Waltz- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire x

*Can You See Jane?- Thor x

*Who is She?- Cinderella (2015) x

*Remember to Smile- Brave x

Michael Giacchino

A lot of Disney parks fans might recognize his sound from Disneyland's "Space Mountain".

Best Tracks:

*Married Life- Up x

*That New Car Smell- Star Trek x

*End Credits- Star Trek x

*As the Jurassic World Turns- Jurassic World x

Doctor Who/Sherlock

Best Tracks:

*Doomsday- Doctor Who Series One x

*This is Gallifrey- Doctor Who Series Three x

*I am the Doctor- Doctor Who Series Five x

*The Game is On- Sherlock Series One x

*Irene's Theme- Sherlock Series Two x

*Back to Work- Sherlock Series Three x

Game of Thrones

Best Tracks:

*Main Title- x

*A Lannister Always Pays His Debts- Season Three x

*Mhysa- Season Three x

*The Children- Season Four x

Bear Mccreary

Best Tracks:
*Main Title- Da Vinci's Demons x

*The Lullaby- Da Vinci's Demons x

*Dance of the Druids- Outlander x

*Fallen Through Time- Outlander x