Music In My World

Music In My World

I am always found listening to music and listening to music right now inspired me to write about my interests in it.

943
Music In My World
The Culture Concept

What I love so much about music is how it makes me feel. A slow song can cause me to walk slowly and vice versa for a fast song. Dubstep makes me just want to bounce around and groove while classical music makes me want to just lay there with my eyes closed. Music has so many personalities and is adaptable to the listener's ears.

What means the most to me about music is the emotion that it can express or create from just a few lyrics or from a mixture of sounds. I like to listen to music of all shapes and sounds, but I look mostly into the lyrics of a song to identify what it actually means to me. An example being Christian rock music, I do not necessarily listen to it for worship, even though it allows me to have an outlet in that aspect. I listen to it for the passion, in each and every lyric I can hear how much the singers adore who they sing for. They are not bound by church scripture or choral singing, it's their raw and uncut singing. They look deep into themselves to produce sounds that cry and beg for forgiveness or sounds to express their undying devotion.

I can also find that sound quality in a lot of my other rock bands. Most bands I listen to come from the "emo era" of music, examples being My Chemical Romance, Fall Out, Boy, and so on. These bands beg their listeners to stay strong and to not give up on whatever hardships they face. These sorts of bands try and be the rock, the stable part, of the listener's life and in doing so, they saved a lot of lives. That's what I listen to those bands, they speak to me on a level of understanding that I could not find in other people. I never felt like I could talk to others and so I turned to music to be my medicine. I came out so much better for it and it's the reason I still am standing today.

I also have my feel good music, my lovely Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin songs. The jazz and blues speak to me on a level that I wish I could dance to. Anything from Frank Sinatra to Amy Winehouse are some of my greatest songs to listen, they are also great for singing when I'm working. Everyone enjoys them on some level and they are just classic people in our timelines. It's also a wonderful way to bond with older people, I'm often told I am an old soul.

My love for older music goes all the way back into Mozart and Beethoven though, they produced symphonies that help me concentrate on homework when I need it most. They have cool calms and intense sections, not lyrics just lovely background. A nice mix of music I enjoy in a more modern day classical era of music is electronic style orchestras. Essentially, they are orchestras that have an electronic music feel and they produce music that you would love to hear in video games. I also listen to music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, maybe sooner and maybe earlier.

I love music so much and I don't like to confine myself to one genre. When I was younger, people would ask me what I like to listen to and I would often answer "Alternative Rock like Three Days Grace and such." Now, Three Days Grace will always be my favorite band but I alternative rock is no longer my favorite genre. If someone were to ask me what music I like to listen to now, I would have to ask how much time do they have to listen to me.