5 Music Festivals Tips Every Festival-Goer Should Know

We all love a good music festival, but are we every really prepared?

16
5  Music Festivals Tips Every Festival-Goer Should Know
@hannynaibaho Music is life. Shanghai, China

Out of my 22 years of being on this planet, there is nothing more enjoyable than going to a 2-3 day music festival and seeing all of your favorite bands/artists. This past weekend was music midtown and it was everything I imagined it would be. Amazing outfits, good vibes everywhere, and just feel-good music. Attending any type of concert is sure to be filled with excitement, tears, and let's be real, some sweat. Concerts are so different from music festivals and there are so many things you learn just by going to your first one. Here are 5 tips to help you survive your first music festival:

1. Sweat, sweat, and more sweat.

Just like I mentioned before, you're going to be sweating… A LOT. Not just you, but everyone around you is going to be sweating. So when picking out your outfit, make sure you find something comfortable. By the time the concert is over, you will most likely have a damp shirt and very messy hair. Don't worry though, everyone is going to be in the same boat as you.

2. The killer moshpits.

Any music festival is going to have that one song or performer that just wants you to go crazy. Mosh pits form all around you, and if you're 5'2 girl like me, it's probably better to watch from a distance. While mosh pits can be fun, please beware of the injuries you might get from them.

3. Eat, hydrate, repeat.

I can't stress how important it is to have something to eat before getting there. Not only are the lines super long for food, they are also extremely overpriced. Even if its something small, don't come to a festival on an empty stomach. The drinks are also pricey so if you can bring a hydration pack. Hydration packs are a good investment and they can last the whole festival. Just always remember to hydrate. You don't want to get sick during the middle of your favorite performance!

4. My best friend, the fanny pack.

While they may have been considered lame before, fanny packs are now the cutest accessory for any festival. You can hold all of your personal belongings without the hassle of a purse. They also go well with many outfits, and if secured properly it could easily survive those killer moshpits

5. Checkpoint, please.

From personal experience, one person from your group is going to end up lost in the crowd. Cell phone reception can be tricky depending on which venue you go too. It can end up being really spotty because everyone is trying to use their phones. Before going into the venue, establish in your group what would be the best place to meet after a performance in case someone gets lost. There are so many checkpoints around the venue it can be easy to pick the closest one. Stay safe and stay together!

I hope these small tips gave you some knowledge for all the festivals you might be attending this year and in the future. Always remember to stay safe and have an amazing festival season!