4 Albums That I've Been Listening To Nonstop This Week

Most I've rediscovered thanks to Spotify wrapped.

11
Unsplash

It's that time of year that everyone is posting their Spotify Wrapped on their Instagram stories, and sharing their most played artists and songs. Music is with us 24/7, you can play it at anytime and anywhere. I genuinely like looking at those because, to me, music taste says a lot about a person. Seeing those reminds me how many different artists/genres there are out there for people to listen to and discover.

Here are some albums that I've been playing non-stop since my Spotify wrapped came out this week.

dont smile at me by Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish is one of my top artists, and has been for the past 3 years according to Spotify. Both of her albums slap, and all of her singles are great too.

dont smile at me is her first album that came out in 2017, before she really skyrocketed in stardom. I started listening to her in early 2018, and the first song I've ever heard was "my boy". It is my most played song by her, because I have this sort of nostalgic attachment to it.

When you discover an artist before they really get "big", it's so cool to watch them grow and accumulate an audience over time. Billie's music is one of a kind, and it's truly unique like she is.

Billie has also helped me a lot personally, but showing that you can accomplish anything by putting your mind to it, and to be confident in your clothes and personal style.

This album means a lot to me, and it has for a few years, and I encourage everyone to listen to it at least once.

Fine Line by Harry Styles

Are we shocked that I listen to Harry Styles? No, I've been a 1D stan since 2013, so of course I listen to Harry Styles.

Harry's album is fantastic, he created such a breathtaking work of art through this album, and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves in the music industry.

My favorite song on the album has to be "Fine Line", it's so moving and emotional when you look at the lyrics and understand the meaning behind it. (ps, this makes a great crying song if you need one).

This song is virtually Harry being completely open and vulnerable with his music, and when artists are vulnerable, they're creating their best music possible.

It's so different from all of his other songs on the album, which is why it's my favorite. He stepped out of his comfort zone, and it's beautiful to see him expanding his musical horizons and trying something different.

MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 by BTS

I never listened to K-pop until March of this year. I watched their carpool karaoke with James Corden, and I fell in love with the band. They all seemed so nice and genuinely talented.

I started listening to their song "Boy with Luv" feat. Halsey, and I loved their sound. I can't put my finger on how exactly they sound, but it's so interesting and intriguing.

The band is composed of 3 rappers and 5 singers. All of them are so individually talented, and when they create music together, it is beautiful.

If you're looking for a totally new band, or want to get into K-pop, i highly recommend this album, it's fantastic.

Free Spirit by Khalid

This is one of my favorite albums ever, I listen to Khalid virtually everday, and he's gotten me through a lot. On my wrapped playlist, there were 11 Khalid songs on my playlist, which is over 10% of what I listened to in the year. I've always liked how chill and calming his music is, I even listen to it while I study for exams.

His music helps me to remain calm throughout my day, and it reminds that life can be a lot, but just breathe and everything will be okay.