The Joy of Wrapping A Gift Multiple Times

Is it a fun little game or is it just annoying?

76

For many years I've been wrapping presents for my little cousins but in a rather tedious way. This method is seen a lot on social media, especially in Tik Tok, where people would place the smallest gift in a box and then constantly wrapping it to the point where it almost seems like it's never-ending. The gift could actually just be a joke or their actual gift. The best part is that you can just wrap the gift in just about anything.

I've seen people use plastic wrap to wrap gifts, which makes it even harder because the more you wrap with it the thicker it gets. Plastic wrap makes it almost seem impossible to open. My cousin actually used string to wrap a gift, which was actually quite interesting. She not only just wrapped the string, but she made a sort of pattern as if she wove the string around one another to wrap the gift.

This year, one of my cousin's gifts was a Roblox gift card. It was just a small piece of colored cardboard that could be easily given in an envelope. However, I wanted to take it to the next level and make my cousin work for it. I placed the gift card in a large box and hid it under a large bag to make it seem like her gift was only a bag. I wanted to make this sort of "hidden door" effect. On top of the bag, I used scraps of wrapping paper that I had cut from previous gift wrappings. I then closed the box, and it was time to find ways to wrap the box. Of course, I used the beautiful wrapping paper, but I wanted something that she wouldn't expect. I thought tin-foil was something no one would really think about when opening a gift, at least in my family, so I used that. I wrapped the gift with tin-foil over and over until it was secure. From there, I just kept on wrapping the gift with wrapping paper. I did that for quite some time and then finalized the gift with a ribbon.

When my cousin opened her gift, she was definitely taken aback. When she got to open the box, she was confused because she actually thought the bag was her gift. I had to tell her that there was something underneath it in order for her to actually find her real gift. At the end of the day, she found it and of course, loved it.

I shared a video of my cousin opening her gift and a lot of people were actually confused themselves and thought I was cruel for actually wrapping such a small gift that way. Is it annoying to have a present wrapped multiple times? For some people, I'm sure it might be. But there is a sense of joy and anticipation that is supposed to make the receiver more anxious to see what their gift is. For me, I like to wrap my presents this way just so the kids can learn a sense of patience. Although Christmas allows us to have presents, it is also a time to spend with your loved ones. From what I see, the kids in my family don't have a lot of patience. I would say they take the true meaning of Christmas for granted and only want presents. Instead of giving it to them right away, I wanted them to take their time and just enjoy themselves a little. Plus, it's really funny to see their reaction on how the gift was wrapped.