Two Dozen And Then Some Thank-Yous To The College Friends Who Are No Longer 'Just Friends'

Ten months living together in a hole in the wall qualifies you as family.

307
Erika Glover

As I sat on my recently delofted bed, across from the two gals who have made BGSU my second home, the nostalgic feelings have me in my feels about how far we have come. No other year of my life has been filled with more ups and downs, and highs and lows, than freshman year. It is time to thank them for everything.

Thank you for experiencing all the college firsts with me.

Thank you for dancing with me

Thank you for putting up with the Pinterest obsessed plans I have.

Thank you for helping me to find my balance.

Thank you for entertaining me for hours.

Thank you for loving me at my lowest.

Thank you for supporting me at my highs.

Thank you for making the island tropical on rainy days

Thank you for making Kreischitty City a little less sh*tty

Thank you for accepting my moods.

Tay, Thank you for never turning off HGTV when I constantly have it running, Chip and Jo appreciate it as much as I do.

Erin, Thank you for learning to appreciate the same music as me and embracing the country lifestyle, George Straight here we come.

Thank you for disliking the same people as me, and always allowing me to excessively vent.

Thank you for being constant encouragement, especially when it comes to making me feel loved.

Thank you for never being too busy for an outtakes trip.

Thank you for getting excited about sunsets and Chick-fil-a and target and comfy sweaters, cozy socks, and great smelling candles.

Thank you for allowing me to record the silly times, for me to look back on when I’m sad.

Thank you for being building me up when I had my heart broken.

Thank you for crying with me over chegg, tickets, homesickness, and stupid boys.

Thank you for introducing me to the bachelor, I hate you though.

Thank you for the endless jam sessions, for the dance parties on Tuesday nights.

Thank you for reminding me that Jesus is on my side.

Thank you for encouraging me to push myself towards my passions, and to pursue my dreams.

Thank you for quite literally holding my hands this year.

Y’all really are one of the best things to ever happen to me. Your advice means more to me than anyone’s and I cherish every memory I have with you. I am immensely proud of each of you and the people you have grown to be over the past school year, through all the crazy twists and turns we have taken this year. I can’t wait to see what we accomplish in our time here at bowling green and beyond.

Thank you for showing me what it means to have friends who care and who love me and who don’t have to be exactly like me for us to get along. I so appreciate that you have taught me to embrace who I am and learn to love the person that I am, even if you don’t realize that you are.

That being said, I also have a few apologies to give.

To both of you, I am incredibly sorry for picking up on all of your lingo and gestures.

Tay, I am sorry for yelling in my sleep, for not keeping up with my laundry, and for delofting my bed before you.

And Erin, I am sorry I introduced you to Remey and that you’re stuck dating him now *wink*

I am also SO sorry that you both have to live with me next year, except- I’m not at all. Thank you for making this year what it has been. I couldn’t have done it without yall.

Most importantly, thank you for just getting me. You appreciate my flaws and never hesitate to tell me when I’m wrong.

Our old doom rooms will soon be filled with two freshmen trying to make it through their first year. They will never know all the memories that we have made in that room, and how it used to be our home. I can only hope that they will have the relationship we had together to reflect on in the years to come.

Here’s to 115. I love y’all. Talons up.