Moving Up And Moving In

Getting to live in your Greek house for the first time is so exciting, especially when it's getting renovations done right before you move in!

Every girl who watches the show "Greek" has dreamed of living in a giant house with all her best friends only a few steps away. Once you rush a house, that dream becomes a reality the fall of your sophomore year. This article talks about the excitement that I feel currently, that future girls will feel, and that I know girls who have already moved in feel. 

I have spent countless hours at my sorority house, whether it's eating lunch/dinner, studying, watching movies, or taking naps. I have made new friends, bonded with sisters, worked on philanthropy/community service projects, and put away several pounds of food (I bring up the food thing again because we have the best chef on campus and I am seriously always bragging about him). But the thing is, I don't live there just yet. I am currently still a freshman, but am beyond excited for the upcoming fall. 

On Monday night we held a typical formal chapter, during which the announcement for living arrangements next year came up. My hands began to sweat, my heart was racing, and I was chattering up a storm with the girls next to me. I became so excited, just talking about who I get to room with gets me pumped. It was then announced that our house will officially be getting renovations for the fall. 

We were shown a calendar of what will happen when and the blueprints of what the house will look like by the end. The whole room erupted with excitement, because who can't be happy about adding a third floor and a library? 

For me, I have twice the excitement because when I do finally live in, I'll be one of the first girls with an almost brand new house. The excitement of living in is something I have heard about from a lot of people: alums (who are jealous we're finally having renovations done), seniors, my big, friends who go to other schools, even fraternity guys. There just really isn't anything that compare to the feeling I have of knowing that no matter what, someone will have whatever I need (whether that be makeup, clothes, food, or advice), and they'll be only a few feet away. 

So over this summer, I'll be dreaming of all the nights I'll spend in the new library, the days I'll spend laying in my big's bed, and the five minute walk to class I'll have. Yes, five minutes, and really not even that. Please, do be jealous.