I Am Learning That Contentment And The Mundane Can Coexist

There are times to go and times to slow.

316
@brookecagle
“People struggle when nothing seems to be happening or changing in life, they wonder what’s going on, but that’s just how it is sometimes. Life can’t move 100mph all the time, sometimes it moves a little slower, but this doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with them or that God isn’t at work, because He is.”

We’ve all been there… those days where we wake up just feeling stuck and not knowing what to do next at the moment were in. We feel like we're doing something wrong because when we look around us everyone seems to be doing so much more; Obtaining moresuccess, going on more adventures, appearing morehappy, more more more, it just seems to go on and on. This leaves us comparing ourselves to other peoples lives…this isn’t how it’s supposed to be though. We aren’t meant to live our lives in a constant state of comparison, nor were we designed to.

God designed and planned out each of our lives, specifically for you and only you to live. He has set the pace and sees everything that we cant, He knows each season we’ll go through, for His plan and timing is perfect. Yet we still do it, we compare and sit in our stuckness, wondering if we're supposed to be doing more.

“where comparison begins contentment ends”
“we are comparing our behind the scenes with their highlight reels” –Chad Moore

We live in a world that has taught us we always have to be doing something and when we're not, or when we feel like we’re not moving, that we're missing out or falling behind.

When we think like this, it’s almost like we're telling God His timing is too slow and that His plan should be our plan…it doesn’t work that way though, and I’m sure glad it doesn’t. Sometimes we need to slow down, to take those moments where life feels mundane, and sit in it and find contentment in those slow still moments.

“Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

There’s nothing wrong with moving slow. Simple as that. Often times we’re always in a rush for the next ‘big’ thing to happen in life. Sometimes we need to go through these slow-paced, ordinary moments of life in order to get to the next season.

"Routine is God’s way of saving us between our times of inspiration. We are not to expect Him to always give us thrilling minutes."

Learning things with each passing day will prepare us for what’s next in the life God has planned for us. When we find contentment and acceptance of these seasons, it helps us truly value the exhilarating moments in life. If we're constantly trying to live a fast-paced and exciting life not only do we completely wear ourselves out by forcing ourselves to do it all, but we start to take away the intended joy of certain things in life that weren’t meant to happen yet because we were in such a rush that we forced ourselves it.

It takes away the value of the seasons ahead because we aren’t able to find contentment in the difficult and slow seasons. When we may feel stuck, like nothing’s happening, and everything seems to be in slow motion, we don’t lose hope because Gods at work through it and it won’t last forever, that’s why it’s called a season.

It’ll pass in His perfect timing. When that season passes and something great and life-changing happens, we’re able to truly enjoy it. This is because we waited while being content in the Lord. We have seen and been through the difficult times, which allow us to enjoy and value the other seasons we go through in life.

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens..”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength”
Philippians 4:12-13