Moving Forward In Graduation Plans

Moving Forward In Graduation Plans

School proceeds as does the increasing number of coronavirus cases. Fall is approaching, students are returning to school, and plans must be acted upon, if there is still hope for success by the pupils of today. The path to law school seems ever so daunting, however, with some aid provided by the LSAC, it may indeed be less stressful this year than the prior years.

4
Moving Forward In Graduation Plans
Missouri State University

As the year continues, so does the spread of COVID-19 otherwise known as Coronavirus. Every student has faced the consequences of the pandemic, and had to complete their Spring semester by studying remotely. Becoming isolated from the world, to be exposed only to the media. The media, which has continuously provided light onto the world's issues including the antiracist protests. Some graduates will not have the opportunity to attend the ceremony to receive their degree as tradition and freshman will not meet their freshman year the traditional way, but rather with a more secluded approach. The changes implemented are for everyone's safety and to maintain a place where people can come to do what they intended to do: obtain a degree and achieve success for their future.

There are still many things to look forward to and plan for, despite the ongoing changes. By the transition of classes from seated to online, it allows more time to study. This could be a great advantage point for students that are preparing for the post-graduation by completing the LSAT, MCAT, or GRE. The necessity of making time to study is a priority, and by no longer having to commute to class, more time is available. In addition to studying and preparing for the test, it is good to be familiar with the format of the test to know what is to be expected.

The LSAC or the Law School Admission Council has developed a plan to ensure the safety of students by creating, tracking, and compiling resources to help each student navigate through this challenging time.

The LSAC has introduced the LSAT-Flex, this was administered for test takers who were registered for the April-July tests, which was canceled in-person due to the coronavirus. If the situation warrants, the LSAC will continue the LSAT-Flex tests, but it is in hopes that soon the test will return to in-person. August is the first month in-person tests will be attempt to be offered again. Students are encouraged to wear masks, but must adhere to the guidelines. The guidelines include 1. Test takers must briefly remove their masks during the checking of government-issued photo IDs. 2. Test takers will be allowed to wear their masks while testing. 3. Test takers may also be asked to remove their masks for a short duration when their identification is checked following the break after test section 3 or after any restroom break.

The LSAT is still offered, therefore the deadline begins for registration and submitting of applications to law school. There are many law schools that have decided to extend their application/commitment deadline, so it is best to account for the law school you wish to attend and stay updated with their proceedings while studying for the LSAT.

In terms of finances, there is the opportunity to apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver Program; based on financial need. It is the LSAC's mission to reduce barriers for determined prospective law students, therefore, with this waiver, one can take the LSAT without having a financial burden. There are many scholarship programs offered and pell-grants that could help finance the cost of law school.

Where there is a will, there is a way, there are people in places to help you succeed, therefore, if you are thinking of putting your life on hold due to the coronavirus, just remember the world is still moving forward— with helping hands. On the LSAC website, questions can be proposed and answered promptly as this is an unprecedented time and much vital information remains ambiguous. The decision remains yours whether to proceed or to pause your continuing education, but it is best to reach out and stay informed as it may benefit you more to continue your education now.

Continuing Education During a Pandemic