The 10 Best Movies To Watch After A Bad Day

Sometimes you just need a good pick me up movie to make your day a bit brighter.

573

Whether you had a bad day at work, are having a crappy mental health day, or are having relationship problems, here are 10 movies that will put a smile on your face. Find a comfy blanket, some popcorn, and let movie night commence!

1. Zootopia

This is by far one of my favorite animated movies from the past few years. Judy Hopps's positivity is sure to lift your spirits and give you a much needed boost after a rough day.

2. Juno

Ellen Page and Michael Cera are a dynamic duo full of awkwardness, love, and humor. This movie is one I'll never get tired of watching.

3. Bridesmaids

Having a fight with your best friend? Love life going down the drain? Bridesmaids is full of laughs and hope. And hey, at least you're not vomiting in the fanciest bridal store in town, right?

4. Silver Linings Playbook

This movie is great for anyone having a bad mental health day. Although it's more serious than others on this list, it tells a beautiful story that is sure to provide a smile or two.

5. To The Bone

*Trigger warning: This movie is about eating disorders and is set in an inpatient care facility*

This Netflix movie follows Ellen (Eli) as she struggles to recover from an eating disorder and is always one I come back to on days when I need to be reminded I am more than my mental illnesses.

6. Mamma Mia

Meryl Streep. Abba. Greek islands. Need I say more?

7. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The perfect movie for the daydreamer in all of us who may be stuck in a rut right now.

8. It's a Wonderful Life

This classic movie is sure to put a smile on your face and help you remember your worth.

9. 13 Going on 30

Classic 80's throwbacks? Check. Unrequited love? Check. Jennifer Garner acting like a 13 year old? Check. I'm not a huge rom-com person but this movie is one I'll make an exception for.

10. The Pursuit of Happiness

This movie will make you cry and laugh at the same time. It's the perfect reminder to work hard and to keep moving forward, and the fact that it's based off of a true story makes it even better.