7 Movies to watch during a finals meltdown

7 Movies To Watch To Avoid Having A Finals Meltdown

As classes being to wrap up, here is a list of movies to keep yourself occupied during the transition.

38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaD5cZNw0E

They say that college is a marathon, not a sprint, meaning that you should implement a steady methodical plan in order to achieve academic success and ultimately, a satisfying future. However, college students are only human; we procrastinate, skip lectures and drown our sorrows in cheap alcohol, forever riding on a thrilling roller coaster of amazing highs and devastating lows.

When the end of the semester arrives, each class begins to wrap up at a frightening speed, throwing out assignments and examinations left and right. It's only natural to shut down and indulge in some R&R.

Here are seven movies to watch when the end is near.

1. "Ingrid Goes West" (2017)

After losing her mother, Ingrid attempts to rebuild her life through that peculiar app known to us as Instagram. Ingrid gradually becomes attached to a Californian influencer, following every digital move her idol makes and eventually adopting the mellow West-Coast lifestyle. This social media thriller will take you through dramatic twists and turns, exposing how everyone has a little Ingrid inside of them.

2. "American Psycho" (2000)

By day, he's a dashing and ambitious businessman, marching through the corporate jungle with a Walkman in tow. By night, he's a brutal, cynical serial killer, armed with an ax and a closet filled with dangling corpses. "American Psycho" profiles Patrick Bateman's sadistic adventures in the cutting-edge setting of late '80s Manhattan. This dark-humored satire revolves around an obsession with physical beauty, competition, and ignorance.

3. "Girl, Interrupted" (1999)

Based on the 1993 memoir by Susanna Kaysen, "Girl, Interrupted" follows the lives of young women in a renowned mental institution set in the changing world of the late '60s. From bulimia to obsessive-compulsive disorder, sociopathy and self-harm, the film attempts to illustrate the deep struggles of recovery and the temptations to rebel.

4. "Black Swan" (2010)

This psychological thriller follows the breakdown of Nina, a ballet dancer for the New York City ballet company. As she prepares for her debut as prima ballerina in the opening production of "Swan Lake," Nina's obsessions and disciplined approach to dance eventually lead to a mental and physical deterioration of compulsive dedication.

5. "The Big Short" (2015) 

The astonishing demise of the housing market in 2008 was predictable for some Wall Street big leagues. "The Big Short" serves as some type of prequel to the economic disaster, narrated by the ever-charming Ryan Gosling. The film is supplied with tongue-in-cheek jokes and curious celebrity cameos.

6. "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) 

An aspiring actor and his pregnant wife, Rosemary, move into an eerie apartment in New York City. As the young couple makes preparations for the birth of their child, their haunted surroundings and respective acquaintances strengthen their ominous influences. Rosemary eventually comes to believe that she has given birth to the spawn of Satan.

7. "Lilith" (1964) 

A troubled soldier turned occupational therapist, named Vincent Bruce, is hired by a private mental institution. As Vincent familiarizes himself with the establishment and its patients, he meets Lilith, a beautiful young woman who secludes herself in her room. The film depicts a tragic romantic story as Vincent gradually falls in love with Lilith as her schizophrenic behavior worsens simultaneously.