what's coming out in july

9 Popular Movies You Must See This July

A list of various movies in different genres, waiting for you at the box office.

14

Summer '18 has been one we have been talking about since ... probably December -- summer body, getting jobs, living our best life etc. One activity that should not be looked over is going to the movie theatre/ July is around the corner and with Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Ocean's 8, Han Solo: A Star Wars Story, Deadpool, and so much more released in June, July has much more in store.

****Disclaimer: most movies listed are for mature audiences and contain graphic images, lanuage and adult situations****

1. "The First Purge"

The fourth film in "The Purge" franchise, this movie serves as a prequel to identify and showcase the very first purge in America. The "New Founding Father's" want to make an effort to keep crime rates down at 1% for the entire year by testing a psychological theory of allowing all crimes legal for 24 hours. If you've seen the previous films, you know it will be full of suspense, thrill, and active scenes.

Starring Y'lan Noel, Lex Scott Davis, Marisa Tomei, Jovian Wade, Lauren Velez, and Steve Harris.

In theaters July 4. Rated R.

2. "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

As a Marvel fan, I am biased when I say, this is the movie on this list I am most looking forward to. Scott Lang, last seen in Captain America' Civil War, is struggling with the responsibility of being a father and a hero while .... being on probation. Going on another journey with Hope van Dyne and Hank Pym, Scott once against straps the Ant-Man suit on and fights alongside the wasp to defeat the new powerful film villain, Ghost.

Starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, Michael Douglass, Michelle Pfeiffer, Hannah John-Kamen, Michael Pena, and Laurence Fishbourne.

In theaters July 6. Rated PG-13

3. " Sorry to Bother You"

Set in a "not too distant future", Cassius Green, a black telemarketer, hits the ultimate jackpot of success when he learns how to be successful in the telemarketing business. Because of this magical talent, Green falls into a hole, when controlled by the drug-addicted CEO, offering him the salary of his dreams.

Starring Lakeith Stanfield, Tessa Thompson, Danny Glover, Armie Hammer, Terry Crews, and Steven Yenn.

In SELECT theaters July 6. In theaters everywhere July 13. Rated R

4. "Hotel Transylvania"

The crazy monster family sets out for a much-needed vacation on a luxury cruise. With the Drac Pac, it is no mystery that this vacay will be full of fun, good energy, twists, and turns. However, things bumpy, when Mavis finds out that Drac has fallen for the strange ship captain. What can she be hiding? Mavis is sure to find out.

Starring Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, David Spade, Kevin James, Keegan-Michael Key, Fran Dresher and Genndy Tartakovsky.

In theaters July 13. Rated PG.

5. "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again"

In the thriller sequel, a teenager comes across an abandoned laptop and takes it back home with him (because that's smart). Later, he and his group of friends discover hidden files which contain various dark secrets. Much to their surprise, the owner of the laptop... can see their every move. What will they do to survive the night?

Starring Betty Gabriel, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Calvin Woodell, Andrew Lees, and Douglass Tait.

In theaters July 20. Rated R.

6. "Blindspotting"

Written, directed and starring Daveed Diggs, and Rafal Casal, this film follows the life of a black man in the fast-paced gentrification of Oakland, California. In this entertaining and powerful movie, they grasp the daily struggles of race and class, as well as the test of understanding these labels and how to overcome these issues.

Starring Daveed Diggs, Rafel Casal, Jasmine Cephas-Jones, Janina Gavankar, Tisha Campbell-Martin, and Utkarsh Ambudkar,

In theaters July 20. Rated R.

7. "Unfriended: Dark Web"

In theaters July 20. Rated R.

8. "Teen Titans Go Movie"

Many people have been talking bad about the production of this movie, BUT I must say I am very interested in seeing this. The Teen Titans go on a mission to fins stardom and enter fame. However, a villain's evil plan sidetracks them from reaching their goal of Hollywood and show their abilities of true heroism.

Starring Tara Strong, Hyden Walch, Khary Payton, Greg Cipes, Scott Menville, and Kristen Bell.

In theaters July 27. Rated PG.

9. "Mission Impossible: Fallout"

Mission Impossible comes out with yet another action-packed, bring-you-to-the-edge movie. In this adventure, Ethan Hunt is back with the theater and find themselves in a "race against time" and the mission... goes wrong.

Starring Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby, Sean Harns, Michelle Monaghan, Simon Degg, Ving Rhames, and Alec Baldwin.

In theaters July 27. Rated PG-13.