5 Movies To Explore On Netflix To Get You In Your Feels

Movies that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster.

12

While I've had the free time, I've been starting to watch so much Netflix that I don't even know what to watch anymore! I figured there are many out there who are also having this problem. So I have compiled a list of movies that will take you on a ride of emotions.

Some of these movies will make you happy, others will make you cry, some teach you something valuable, and others might make you laugh. But all of them are sure to make you feel strongly. With this list, I hope you can find at least one that you end up loving!

1. Silver Linings Playbook

Silver Linings Playbook - Official Trailer (HD) www.youtube.com

This movie starring Bradley Cooper and the goddess Jennifer Lawrence is a fantastic film about two people who are equally crazy that fall in love. It takes you on a journey through their past and who they are changing to become. The acting in this movie is absolutely phenomenal, and it's entertaining from beginning to end, never leaving you uninterested while making you laugh along the way.

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Emma Watson Movie HD www.youtube.com

Based on the novel by Stephen Chbosky, this movie is all about an introverted and awkward freshman who is dealing with multiple struggles in his life including the death of his friend, his family life, friendships, and his past that he comes to remember. It truly captures the feeling of high school and get you to laugh and cry. It is one to watch if you truly want to be in your feels.

3. Freedom Writers

Freedom Writers - Trailer www.youtube.com

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this movie is. It is all about a first-year English teacher whose first job is teaching the lowest level English class in a school that just recently became more racially integrated. The teacher finds a way to get the students to connect and look beyond the color of their skin and creates a family that in some cases replaces their own. This movie is based on a true story and is one that will make you cry at times and leave you inspired.

4. What's Eating Gilbert Grape

What's Eating Gilbert Grape - Trailer www.youtube.com

A more serious film that is great if you love movies with a deeper meaning. This movie has phenomenal actors such as Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio. It is about a guy who has a lot of responsibilities on his plate such as taking care of his family and his younger brother who is mentally disabled. He ends up meeting a girl and starts to rethink his life and its meaning. Definitely a story that will pull on your heartstrings.

5. While We're Young

While We're Young Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts Comedy HD www.youtube.com

This is a great movie about a documentary filmmaker who is starting to feel uninspired until he and his wife meet a young couple who like to live life to the fullest. He and his wife start to try and live life as the couple does while he starts to feel inspired about a new documentary that the young guy in the couple starts helping with. Everything is going great until he starts to learn about what the couple has done. It's a nice film to make you feel inspired while also giving you a plot twist that will make you gasp aloud.

I thoroughly enjoy all of these movies, and I love how most of them really make me think about my life or teach me something about the way that I think. These are great movies that can be enjoyed by yourself, with friends, or with family. So hop into some comfy clothes and get ready for an amazing roller coaster of emotions through the love of movies.