9 Movies You Have To See That Come Out This August

Check out this list of movies coming to the big screen in August 2018!

17
popcorn and coke

I love movies. You love movies. These are movies that are coming out in August 2018 that you absolutely have to see!

“Disney's Christopher Robin”

Winnie the Pooh. Piglet. Eyore. Tigger. Rabbit. And most importantly Christopher Robin. Without his imagination. where would our beloved characters be. In this new Disney film, Pooh and his friends unite with their human buddy, Chirsotpher Robin, who is now an adult.

Starring Ewan McGreggor, Hayley Atwell, Jim Cummings, Toby Jones, Nick Mohammed, Peter Capaldi, and Sophie Okonedo.

Directed by: Mark Forster

Rated: PG

In theatres August 3.

“The Darkest Minds”

When teens mysteriously develop new powerful supernatural abilities, they are seen as a threat to the government and are sent to detainment centers to be controlled. A young girl names, Ruby escapes from those who have captured her, to join the forces of other runaway teens in order to be safe. Combining their intelligence and skills, the group fight the adults who tried to take away their freedom.

Starring Amandla Stenberg, Mandy Moore, Gwendoline Christie, Bradley Whitford, Harris Dickinson, Patrick Gibson, Skylan Brooks, and Miya Cech.

Directed by: Jennifer Yuh Nelson

Rated: PG-13

In theatres August 3.

“The Spy Who Dumped Me”

Audrey and Morgan are two best friends who happen to become entangled in a government conspiracy when one of the women find out that the man who dumped her was a spy.

Starring: Mila Kunis, Kate McKinnon, Justin Theroux, Sam Heughan, Hasan Minhaj, Ivanna Sakhno, Kev Adams, and Gillian Anderson.

Directed by: Susanna Fogel

Rated: R

In theatres August 3.

“BlacKkklansman”

This new Spike Lee Joint is set in the 1970's, Ron Stallworth is the first African American to work in the Colorado Springs Police Department. In order to make himself known, he takes the mission to infiltrate and expose the workings of the Ku Klux Klan. He recruits and teams of with Flip Zimmerman, together they try to take down the extremist hate group.

Starring John David Washington, Adam Driver, Laura Harner, Topher Grace, Jasper Paakkonen, Corey Hawkins, Ryan Eggold, and Michael Buscemi.

Directed by: Spike Lee

Rated: Not Yet Rated

In theatres August 10.

“Slenderman”

Four teenage girls in a small town perform a ritual to debunk the legend of a tall thin horrifying figure known as the Slenderman. They soon fear that the legend is true when one of them go missing. (Synopsis from Fandango)

Starring: Joey King, Julia Goldani Telles, Jaz Annalise Basso, Javier Botet, and Alex Fitzman,

Directed by Sylvain White

Rated: PG-13

In theatres August 10.

“Crazy Rich Asians”

This movie stands out to me because it is a film with a majority Asians cast (which would seem obvious) but it is something we don't often see in Hollywood. This story follows Rachel Chu accompany's her boyfriend, Nick, at his best friend's wedding, where she finds that he is one of his countries most eligible bachelors. Now in the limelight, Rachels must deal with the media, jealous socialites and ... Nick's disapproving mother.

Starring Constance Wu, Gemma Chain, Awkwafina, Ken Jeong, Michelle Yeoh, Henry Golding, Sonoya Mizuno, and Chris Pong.

Directed by: Jon. M. Chu

Rated: PG-13

In theatres August 15.

“Mile 22”

James Silva is an operative for the highest prized and least appreciated unit in the CIA. With the enemy closing in, Silva receives help from a top-secret command team in order to regain a valuable asset that holds life-threatening information.

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Lauren Cohan, Iko Uwais, Ronda Rousey, and John Malkovich,

Directed by Peter Berg

Rated: Not Yet Rated

In theaters August 17.

“Papillon”

A remake of the epic story as Henri "Papillon" Charriere, who is framed for murder and punished for life. Determined and on a quest for freedom, he forms an unlikely alliance, who agrees to finance Paillons escape with the exchange of protection.

Starring Charlie Hunnam. Rami Malek, Roland Muller, Nina Senicar, Tommy Flanagan, Eve Hewson, Christopher Fairbank, and Brian Vernal.

Directed by Michael Noer

Rated: R

In theaters August 24

“Kin”

Armed with a secret weapon, an ex-con and his adopted teenage brother go on the run from a vengeful criminal and a gang of soldiers, with this mysterious weapon as their only form of protection.

Starring Myles Truitt, Jack Reynor, Zoe Kravitz, James Franco, Carrie Coon, Dennis Quaid, Mark O'brien, and Ian Matthews.

Directed by Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker

Rated: PG-13

In theaters August 31