5 Motivational Ways To Be Your Own Inspiration

It takes less to move than you think.

203

There is something on your mind that does not belong there. It could be the way customer service talked with you. It could be the one family member that sucks the life out of you. Without fail, negativity comes in too many forms, but you cannot worry about all of them. You are one person, one person that can make a difference. When the world is spinning in the opposite direction, take these X pieces of advice to motivate yourself again.

1. Remember why you started.

www.goodfreephotos.com

I do not know how far you have come. At the end of the day, the distance does not matter either. You have a goal or a purpose to realize. How you get there is important, but what you need is what gets you there. The question you should ask yourself during any rough patch is, why? Help comes and goes, but there are answers to that whole and centered question. You do not have to be the smartest, the fastest, or the strongest. You just have to be and do good.

2. Waiting is working.

storage.needpix.com

Patience is a virtue. Patience also has no curfew. Instead of jumping ship, stay the course. You never know what will come your way if you wait longer. While you wait, use your process as it has worked before. If the results are not as desired moment to moment, change your approach. The beauty of waiting is that you are working towards an invisible end. Think of it this way: you get to make that end visible.

3. Givers can't be losers.

cdn.pixabay.com

Author C.S. Lewis once said, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." The company Red Bull hands out free cans of Red Bull at events as a means for potential customers to pay them forward. Just like everyone loves a compliment, being generous is not a weakness, but a strength. Giving allows you to be seen as a provider and those who welcome you will always have a place for you.

4. Prove yourself to no one.

upload.wikimedia.org

People will judge you no matter what you do, good and bad. The only person that pays your bills, that feeds you three meals a day, and dresses you is going to be you. Social status is beaten to death in the popular media. So why join the anxiety-hidden rush of the tide? Your worth does not depend on the amount likes and shares you get online. What matters to you fits in your heart and you wear your heart on your sleeve in spareness. How you carry yourself now regardless of how people perceive you will let you meet someone you can be proud of and modest around moving forward: yourself.

5. Life goes on.

imagecache.jpl.nasa.gov

Whatever your problem may be, know that it is not the last. I know that sounds like the future will be filled with more problems, but that is not what I meant. Problems are often unpredictable, but as you work towards solutions, the problems become further and further away. You are not alone in the problems you face either. People want to help you and people are looking for your help. Do not let the world spin you around. Take the world for a spin.

Break the rules, but build better ones.