Dear Mom, On Your Day

Dear Mom, On Your Day

This is my thank you, Mom.

151
Dear Mom, On Your Day
Kelynn Murray

Dear Mom,

I know what you're already thinking. You don't want today to be about you. You have chores to do, the dogs to take care of, work to think about, and a million other things on a list that you live by every day of the year. So, you don't have time for today to be about you.

But too bad.

You've spent the last 364 days calling me to make sure I've been OK. Every day I receive all of the motivation and love for me that you can hold from over 200 miles away. You tell me which aisle to go to in the grocery store to find the rice, how to get the new stain out of my favorite shirt, and how to breathe when I'm starting to get overwhelmed.

You've done a lot for me, Mom. You've done a lot for our family. You deserve a day to sit down and breathe yourself...because you need it as much as I do, whether you like to admit it or not.

You will wake up today and get breakfast in bed, for all the times you made us breakfast before we even woke up.

You will come downstairs and sit in your favorite chair with your favorite two dogs and, when the puppy decides she wants to pee in the house (again...), we will be the ones to clean it.

We will sit for however long you want watching Shark Tank and Dancing With The Stars while still in our pj's and drinking coffee.

You will shower and put on a nice set of clothes to go to your favorite place for lunch.

You will receive lots of smile and laughs from your three children and husband who love you more than can be known.

Dad will spoil you because you will always be his Queen.

We will make today all about you and only about you.

This is my thank you, Mom. Thank you for all that you do and all that you will do. Thank you for being my best friend.

XOXO,

Your daughter