My Mother Is My Idol

My Mother Is My Idol

She doesn't wear a cape, but she's still my hero.
11485

My mother is my biggest fan. I know she always has been, and that she always will be. She is by my side when I need her, and she can cheer me up in a second. She can also make me so angry that I refuse to talk to her. We can be like sisters or the world's biggest enemies. There is rarely an in between. If I have a hard time I know my mother will be there. No matter what the distance is, she will show up and help me however she can.

My mother is a Saint. Not many people know it, though. She will give all of herself to help someone else. It could kill her, but she would still care about the other persons well being. She spends so much time making sure others are okay when she should really be taking care of herself. I have always hoped that I would be like her. I want to make people smile like she does. I want to make as big of a difference as she has.

We fight like crazy. We are both too stubborn to let our pride be crushed. We have this tendency to throw the worst things into each other's faces. The insults will get worse and worse until one of us retreats. We can go days without talking to each other after a fight. That's one thing about her. She will love me with all of her heart, even when we're tearing each other apart. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I know we'll make it through it.

We aren't the mother and daughter pair that braids each other's hair and dresses the same. We don't spend every two seconds together. We don't cook together, clean together, or go shopping together. I am not my mother's perfect little daughter. I've been more of a pain for her than I can even imagine. Yet, here she is, by my side when I need her. I try to be here for her too because I know she is my best friend. We can go to dinner, not talk at all, but still have the best time.

She has been with my Dad for twenty five years. She loves him with all of her heart. She can fight with him as well, but in the end it will always be him. They are together, and they are happy. She showed me what real love was, and she showed me that settling is not for me. She told me to wait for someone who was worth it. I waited, and I found my person.

She is always right. Some call it a mother's intuition, but I call it a lucky guess. Despite the fact that I hate admitting I am wrong, I have to do it a lot with her. We like to look back on my past and talk about all the times she was right. Now that I no longer live with her I can accept all the times she was right. I don't have to like it, but I can accept it.

My mother is my super hero. She can tell when I need her, even when I won't admit it. She can tell when I need help, even if it isn't from her. I know she will always love me as much as she can. I know I will always look to her for help. She is always going to be there for me, and I hope that one day I can be a mom like her.