The Most Important Piece Of Advice I Would Give To My Younger Self

I'm tired of wasting my time.

59
diffen.com

As you grow older and meet new people, you tend to learn a lot from all of your different experiences. And if I could go back in time and tell myself one thing it would be:

"Stop wasting time on people."

What I mean by this is I've had many experiences where I was putting in more effort to keep a relationship 'alive.' And I've dealt with this in both relationships and friendships.

It's just really frustrating always putting effort into a relationship without getting anything in return. I guess my one fatal flaw is I want everyone to like me. And that's an impossible task to achieve. Because you will meet people who you don't see eye-to-eye with. But I'm done trying to make everyone happy because the truth is all that stress of worrying what other people think makes me unhappy.

And if you aren't making an effort in rekindling our relationship maybe that means it has come to end. And that isn't easy for me to say. But I'm tired of playing games and pretending to be okay with things when I'm not. I'm tired of putting in all the work and never getting anything out of it. If you don't want us to be connected then we won't. And I don't know how long it will take you to realize this, but you have to try to understand it from my point of view.

We had a past. We had memories. We had fun.

And maybe I need a break. And maybe it's time for you to reevaluate your priorities.

And yeah, we all make mistakes and I'm not the best at expressing my feelings and I hate confrontation but to me it's pretty obvious what's important to you.