The Most Important Goodbye

The Most Important Goodbye

Dedicated to the Class of 2017. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

17
The Most Important Goodbye
Rolling Stone

We have experienced a lot of goodbyes in high school, I know. But this is the most important goodbye thus far.

In a couple of months, we will say goodbye to high school. Soon, high school will be over and we will move on to the next segment of our lives. For some, the next stop is college. For others, it is a year to discover the world or pursue other interests. For all, it is an ending.

Goodbye high school.

We have all been waiting for this day. I know I have. As much as we would like it to come, we should cherish these last couple of months. I have made some pretty timeless memories in high school and have gotten away with things I know I will never get away with again. I know so many of us feel the same way. The next couple of months will bring tears, endings and beginnings. Let us embrace the moment that we are living in by giving high school a proper goodbye.

If you have taken advantage of all the opportunities you have been offered in high school, you have probably enjoyed it. Most people don't enjoy high school. But I have loved it, and I have had a great time! I have truly enjoyed high school.

My time has been well spent. I have spent my time working on many things, progress with myself being the most important. I have dedicated my time to many sleepless nights, school activities and people; not people that wasted my time but people that taught me lessons. My involvement in high school presented me with numerous responsibilities. I learned about the skills of communication and making commitments -- skills I can never unlearn. I have also learned that people suck. People are freaking crazy. People are also super cool, but some people are crazy. The crazy ones will try to hold you back, but you will always prevail over them. I have made progress with observing how people are and with trying to adjust, but sometimes you have to speak up. Progress has been made with voicing my opinion (in good ways of course). But, like I said, the most important progress I have made in high school has been my development of the self. I have learned a lot of lessons and am ready to learn a lot more. I would say I am mature and prepared to take on the world, but I don't want to present a false sense of maturity. Maturity is always developing within us, along with wisdom, and I cannot wait to fully embrace growth.

I encourage everyone to get to know their teachers. Start talking to random people in the hall. Say the craziest things you could ever say, because soon, we will have to grow up. We will never see familiar faces again. We will say many last hellos and goodbyes. So here is my early goodbye to the best of times and the worst of times. Here is my early goodbye to high school.

Goodbye high school.