Most Anticipated Games Announced At E3 2016

E3 week is one of the best times of the year with so many new games being announced.
10

E3 is an annual gaming convention located in California. From big video game titles to more unknown ones, this is the place for one to get attention. Each presentation starts off with a trailer, ranging from anytime in length but usually on the shorter side, and a brief discussion from a spokesperson or developer on the team of that game. Each section is essentially sorted into brand categories, such as Playstation, Microsoft, Nintendo, Bethesda, EA and Ubisoft.

I’ve broken down the top 10 most exciting video game titles announced at this year’s convention, and why you should also be looking forward to them.

1. "Prey."

Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed "Dishonored" series, is bringing their unique vision to "Prey," a first-person sci-fi action game that reimagines the franchise from the ground up with an added psychological twist.

You are Morgan Yu, the subject of morally dubious experiments designed to improve the human race. You awaken aboard the Talos 1 in the year 2032 and must uncover the secrets hiding in the depths of the space station while being hunted by the mysterious alien force that has taken over. You’ll have to rely on the tools you find on the station – along with your wits, weapons and mind-bending abilities – to combat the growing threat and, hopefully, survive.

Available in 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The trailer seems very promising and it looks like it'll bring something different to the gaming community.

2. "Dishonored 2."

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in "Dishonored 2." Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you stalk your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.

Available on Nov. 11, 2016, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The first "Dishonored" was great, especially since you could go on side missions and play the stealthy way or go in with guns blazing. This also seems promising, and I like that you have different choices for what character you want to play.

3. "Mass Effect: Andromeda."

A whole new galaxy awaits for you to explore. "Mass Effect: Andromeda" pushes the boundaries of known space into the next generation, delivering distant star systems with remote and hostile planets ripe for discovery.

Coming early 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

"Mass Effect 3" left an empty place in each player's hearts but this title should definitely fix that.

4. "Gears of War 4."

After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy.

Available Oct. 11, 2016, for Windows and Xbox One.

One of many Xbox One exclusives coming out soon.

5. "We Happy Few."

An action/adventure game set in a drug-fuelled, futuristic city in an alternative 1960's England. Hide, fight and conform your way out of this delusional, joy-obsessed world.

Available on July 26, 2016, for Windows, Linux, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Created by an indie-developer, this has a similar style to "Bioshock."

6. "Watch Dogs 2."

Play as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker living in the birthplace of the tech revolution, the San Francisco Bay Area.

Team up with Dedsec, a notorious group of hackers, to execute the biggest hack in history; take down ctOS 2.0, an invasive operating system being used by criminal masterminds to monitor and manipulate citizens on a massive scale.

Available on Nov. 15, 2016, on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

The first "Watch Dogs" was a let down for me and many others because of the many glitches within the gameplay, but hopefully this time around the developers will have learned their mistake.

7. "Friday the 13th: The Game."

"Friday the 13th": A third-person horror, survival game where players take on the role of a teen counselor, or for the first time ever, Jason Voorhees. You and six other unlucky souls will do everything possible to escape and survive, while the most well-known killer in the world tracks you down and brutally slaughters you.

Available sometime this fall for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

This is a perfect edition to the "Friday the 13th" franchise and to the horror community.

8. "Cyberpunk 2077."

"Cyberpunk 2077" will feature a dystopian futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society. First announced in May 2012, as of June 2016, the game is still early in development.

There’s no release date yet, but it’s supposed to be available on Windows, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

This seems like an interesting idea. Hopefully there will be an update released on it soon.

9. "Titanfall 2."

With a new single player campaign that explores the unique bond between man and machine, and backed by a deeper multi-player experience fans have been asking for, "Titanfall 2" delivers fast-paced action brimming with inventive twists.

Available on Oct. 28t, 2016, for Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

"Titanfall" was originally an Xbox only game, but this time they're extending beyond those boundaries to bring it to Playstation too.

10. "Fallout 4" add-ons.

Contraptions Workshop - With "Fallout 4" Contraptions, use conveyer belts, scaffolding kits, track kits, even logic gates to construct crazy and complex gadgets to improve your Wasteland settlements. The Contraptions Workshop also includes all-new features like elevators, greenhouse kits, warehouse kits, fireworks, armor racks and more!

Vault-Tec Workshop - Build a brighter future underground with the all-new Vault-Tec Workshop. Create a vault using pre-war industrial kits complete with retro-nostalgic furniture, lighting and art designed to increase the productivity of your Dwellers. Even change and customize their looks with new barbershops and cosmetic surgery stations. And like every good Overseer, run Vault-Tec approved experiments and turn your Dwellers into test subjects! Vault-Tec has given you the tools. The rest is up to you!

Nuka World - Welcome to a vast new world, Nuka-World. Explore and battle your way through a massive pre-war amusement-park-turned-raider-sanctuary with different themed areas like Kiddie Kingdom, Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch and the Galactic Zone. Choose to rise through the raider ranks through combat, bending the Wasteland to your will, or put the raider factions against one another and enjoy the spoils of war. Nuka-World features all-new quests, Raider factions, weapons, creatures, carnival games and rides!

Most players spend hours upon hours playing the original "Fallout 4." With all the add-ons they've created, it's almost a guarantee that each player will be sucked into it for even longer!