More Than Four Seasons

More Than Four Seasons

God Is There In Every Single One

480
More Than Four Seasons
msecnd.net

There are more than just the four seasons in life: winter, spring, summer, fall.

As humans, not just Christians (or everyone BUT Christians), we go through different phases of life that bring us into different “seasons,” if you will.

We can have seasons of both good and bad; times of sadness, or even depression. We can go through what seems like the lowest valley, and then come out on the highest mountaintop.

However, it’s what we do and how we act and who we lean on that determines how strong we are for the next season God is preparing for us. Life throws us some pretty crazy curve balls, we just have to take them one day at a time, and trust in the Lord.

There are seasons of growth, seasons of learning, seasons of resting, seasons of nothing, seasons of darkness, seasons of questions, seasons of doubts.

All of these seasons have purpose behind them, no matter how stressful/crazy/terrible they are. You wouldn’t be the person you are today without those seasons. You wouldn’t know the things you know now.

Our multiple seasons of life can help so many people, too. We can use these seasons as testimonies of how God got us through them, and to let them know they can get through the same season.

You would never look at me today and say, “I think she was bullied in the fourth grade” or “she struggles with a lot of self-worth and self-doubt.”

And why not?

I had and have Jesus with me the whole time.

I’m about to share a poem that wrote in a rough season of my life, I think it was sometime back in middle school.

This is not who I am today, but I wouldn’t be the person I was if I hadn’t gone through what I did. (Note: I have never physically harmed myself).

Empty and Broken by Claire Hampton

Tired of trying, sick of crying,

Yeah I’m smiling, but inside I’m dying

Feelings I used to have aren’t there

And for the first time in so long I really just don’t care

I lock away the pain, put away all the fears

Show you only smiles, not the hidden tears

When she cries, the makeup runs from her eyes

And spills the truth about how she feels inside

These scars on my wrists

Are proof that people like you exist

You haven’t felt pain

Until you can’t feel it anymore

Cry as I may

These tears won’t wash you away

Smiles are no more than empty love

I said that I don’t need you

But I’m a liar, I swear I do

I hurt myself so I can feel alive

Life is just a bloody mystery

Do you know how it feels to be alone?

I love to walk in the rain

Cause no one can see me cry

My silence is my sound

My heart is bleeding, my eyes are crying

I hate you, go away

I just can’t seem to get over you

My heart bleeds no more,

Now it’s been turned to stone

Empty and broken