How To Be Productive

How To Be Productive

"Work smarter, to work less"

92
How To Be Productive
The Blue Diamond Gallery

As college students we often face one big issue: not enough time. We all know certain people who magically get everything completed. They have the same 24 hours that we do, but it definitely seems like they have more. Many of my friends consider me to be that person who is always productive.

Through my time as being a productive person, I have learned a couple tips and tricks for using my time efficiently.

1. Live, love, to-do list.

To-do lists are truly magical. They help you stay focused and actually get things done. A good tip that relates is to keep the list short but specific.

2. Limit your time on your phone.

Giving yourself an actual time limit will allow you to waste less time mindlessly scrolling through your phone.

3. Use your time wisely between classes.

Rather than, again, checking your phone between classes, choose to pull out your laptop and check emails or mark something off your to-do list.

4. Take active breaks - get up and move.

When you take a break, don't just go to your phone or watch TV. A better option would be to get up and move around. Do a quick exercise or take a walk. Doing something active will help your brain remain more engaged.

5. Work smart not just a lot.

This is the one that I struggle with the most. The best way to be more productive isn't necessarily to always be working all the time. The better option is to work for less time but get more done.

6. Say no to distractions.

If an opportunity comes up that will keep you from accomplishing something, allow yourself to say no. You will feel better after getting something accomplished rather than doing something that is wasting your time.

7. Don't do everything yourself.

Let people help you. If you put too much pressure on yourself to get everything done then you will never feel accomplished. You will always have too much to do.

8. Have a routine and stick to it.

Having a productive routine will make being productive easy to do.

9. Do things right the first time.

If you rush to get things done but make a mistake, then you'll waste more time correcting it. Taking the time to do it correctly first will ultimately save you time.

10. Plan your day the night before.

Having clear goals set for the nest day will help you be more productive the following day. If you spent time highlighting what's important to get done. You'll remain more focused on that task.