Moms Make The Best Friends
Family Friends

Mamas Are A Girl's Best Friend, And Here Are 3 Reasons Why

My best friend is 25 years older than me, and no, that's not weird.

547
https://pixabay.com/en/mother-daughter-field-friendship-103311/

No, it isn't Mother's Day or anything like that. Don't panic. You didn't forget it or miss it. The great thing is, it doesn't have to be Mother's Day for you to send some love your mama's way. You should remind her that you love her whenever you can. Not only did she birth you, but she's the best friend a girl can ask for –– for a variety of reasons.

1. She was there for all of the ups and downs.

static.everypixel.com

Your mom was there for every good and bad you've experienced almost your entire life. From scraping your knee on the playground to your first break-up, from potty training to graduation. She has shared all of the tears and all of the laughter. She knows the names of every crush you've ever had, all of your best friends, and all of your worst enemies. She's seen you do embarrassing things, and let's be honest, she's probably seen you behave like a big jerk. But, no matter you've done or said in a misplaced fit of frustration she has never judged you, and she always still loves you after the fact.

2. She knows you better than you know yourself. 

cdn.stocksnap.io

Because your mom has been there for both the highlight reel and bloopers of your existence, she probably knows more about you than anyone else. She knows your pet peeves, your bad habits, your darkest secrets. She never forgets your birthday and always knows what the best gift would be for you. She has your favorite colors, meals, movies, and books memorized. When you're not feeling well or you're sad, she almost always knows what the problem is or how to help. She also always knows what to say when you need advice.

3. She is always the person you call. 

cdn.pixabay.com

Speaking of needing advice, your mother is always the first person you call when you do. Even after you move out and go off to do you- whether it be for college or something else. Why? Well, as was stated earlier, she always knows what to say.

She knows you. She loves you. She's seen you through it all. She's also lived a lot of life for herself. She's a grown woman who has experienced a lot, and she usually knows a thing or two about the way the world works.

If you want to know what medicine to get for your cold, if you are concerned about a weird rash, if you have a question about your taxes, or if your car is making a funny noise, your mom is almost always the person you pick up the phone to call. She always picks up, and she always has the answer.

We should all be grateful for mothers. My mom is my best friend. Moms are important and necessary, throughout your whole childhood and adolescence, and even after you are an adult out on your own. She will always be there for you, and she'll always love you. She has the best answers to your dilemmas, and she always cares.

She knows you, and she cares about you, more than any other friend you have probably ever would or could. So, thank your mother today for being the best friend a daughter could ask for. It doesn't take much, even just a small text to let her know you're thinking of her. Let her know you appreciate her.

Thank her for being there for you.