Why I love My Mother

Why I love My Mother

She's pretty rad.
13

The answer is pretty obvious: doesn't everyone love their mom? And while the majority do, there is also part of the world that doesn't.

Fortunately, I am in the former rather than the latter.

My mom is a wonderful human being. She took an adversity of being a single mother and raised me as if the whole world was on her back.

My first year of life kept me in the hospital for a good long time. And it was hard on mom. She fought to stay with me all the time, and feel comfortable. And when expenses got to be too much, that woman got a job down in the city; where she could be close to me and make a living.

The following years brought more hardships. I lived with my grandparents while she worked to support my brother and I. It wasn't an experience I'm willing to trade; however, I did miss out on mom not being at concerts or being able to pick me up after school with the magazine shipment or even be there for bath time.

But now I can see that she taught me so much more being away. I know the value of a dollar and work for what I have and what I want. I know that love doesn't come easy and that family may need to fight for a second chance. I learned that loyalty and knowledge go a long way in this game called life and should not be taken for granted.

Most of all, I learned that my mother is a warrior and that she is the kind of woman that I want to be when I grow up.

Thank you, mom, for the knowledge, love, and sacrifice you have given me for almost 21 years.

I wouldn't be here without it.