Best Moments Of The 2019 Oscars

Best Moments Of The 2019 Oscars

And the award goes to...

201
Best Moments Of The 2019 Oscars
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJy-1QHyYp/

Of all the awards shows, the Oscars is the most highly anticipated, and for good reason! The most famous actors in Hollywood are all gathered under one roof for one night out of every year. Not to mention, some of the most iconic fashion moments off the runway happen at the Oscars, and everyone's watching to see who people are wearing! The 2019 Academy Awards was no exception.

Let's take a look at some of the best moments of this year's show, from the best dressed on the red carpet to the awards people definitely deserved...or didn't:

1. Constance Wu in Versace

The "Crazy Rich Asians" star left her mark on Hollywood red carpet fashion tonight with her yellow dress, which was a custom piece by Versace! In her interview with E!, she talked about her next film, "Hustlers," where she will work alongside Jennifer Lopez in a story about former strippers who team together and trick rich men out of their millions.

2. Regina King for Best Supporting Actress

This was King's first nomination for an Academy Award, and she truly deserved the win! Her emotional portrayal of Sharon Rivers in "If Beale Street Could Talk" moved many audience members to tears!

3. Gemma Chan in Valentino

Another "Crazy Rich Asians" star, Chan got her spotlight at the Oscars in a hot pink Valentino gown, complimented nicely by Paul Green jewelry. She, along with Jason Momoa, Helen Mirren, Kacey Musgraves, and many others, adhered to the trend of pink outfits that night! E! also credited Chan with a compliment for the ages, calling her a "modern-day Audrey Hepburn."

4. Black Panther for Best Costume Design

"Black Panther" winning best costume design proved how much hard work pays off. There were so many details in each costume, and I recommend watching Youtube videos that talk about the costume design and construction process! FYI, they 3D printed the headdress and crown in an African lace patters for the Queen Mother's costume...how AMAZING is that?? Ruth E. Carter is the first black person to win in this category, and we are all here for her in support!

5. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper singing "Shallow"

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's performance together at the Oscars showcased, yet again, how beautifully their voices blend! It was the musical performance we were all waiting for, if you watched the show, and if you did, you know that they did not disappoint! How can that much talent be squeezed into Gaga's 5'1" frame? Also, before this film, who knew Bradley Cooper could sing??

6. Rami Malek for Best Actor

Rami Malek won best actor over Willem Dafoe, Christian Bale, Viggo Mortensen, AND Bradley Cooper for his role as the rock singer Freddie Mercury of Queen! This was his first nomination and win for an Academy Award, and this also makes him the first Egyptian-American to have received an Oscar for Best Actor! His mention of his parents immigrating from Egypt and him being a first-generation American touched hearts and serves as an inspiration to immigrant families and children across America.

7. Lady Gaga in Alexander McQueen

Another nod to the Hollywood starlet Audrey Hepburn, Gaga not only dressed in the classic black dress with elbow gloves to match, but she wore the timeless, and priceless, yellow Tiffany diamond! It weighs around 128 karats and was last worn by Hepburn for a publicity shot for "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Of course, she has our vote for Best Dressed at the 2019 Oscars!

8. Olivia Colman's Speech for Best Actress

Olivia Colman's reaction to winning the Academy Award for Best Actress was truly authentic, as she seemed completely caught off-guard, and her speech reflected just that! As we all know, the time constraints on acceptance speeches can be annoying, especially when the speakers have so much to say and so many people to thank! I can't wait to see the Internet blow up with jokes about how Colman was so flustered by the teleprompter telling her to wrap up that she blew a raspberry!

9. Alfonso CuarĂ³n for Best Director

By the time the award for Best Director was given to him, CuarĂ³n was already very familiar with the Oscar stage, having already won two awards prior that night for Best Cinematography and Best Foreign Language Film! In "Roma," CuarĂ³n tells the story of a maid for a middle-class Mexican family that takes place in the 1970s.

10. "Green Book" for Best Picture

The most highly coveted award of the night went to "Green Book"! I am usually pretty good at predicting who will win for almost any award at the Academy Awards, but this year had me truly stumped! But director Pete Farrelly and producers Jim Burke, Charles B. Wessler, and Brian Currie worked hard and earned this award. "Green Book" was one of three films nominated for Best Picture that focused on black history and oppression in American history.

11. Keegan Michael-Key's Presenter Entrance

And last, but most definitely not least, Keegan Michael-Key. When I saw Key descending from the ceiling like Mary Poppins, umbrella in hand, I actually fell out of my seat laughing! It just goes to show that we Penn Staters truly know how to make an entrance!