Dear Mom And Dad,

Dear Mom And Dad,

Just wanted to say thank you

105
Dear Mom And Dad,

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know, it’s not Mother’s Day or Father’s Day; it’s not your anniversary or your birthdays; and, no, I’m not trying to butter you up to get something in return. I just felt like I wanted you both to know how much I truly appreciate you because, sometimes, I forget to tell you every day how thankful and blessed I am to have you both as my parents. Words honestly cannot describe how much you both mean to me. You two go beyond being my parents; you are two of my closest friends and my greatest aspirations in life. I don’t know where I would be without both of you in my life. I love you beyond measure and you don't hear that enough so I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you for being the shoulders I cried on (and still continue to cry on, occasionally). Thank you for listening me and offering me advice on every problem I have ever had. Thank you for consoling me when I came home crying from school, when I freaked out over a project, or broke down over life in general. Even if there was nothing you could do to fix the problem, you both have always been there to listen, give me a hug, and do your best to make me feel better, and I appreciate that, even if at the time I couldn’t find the words to tell you

Thank you for making memories with me throughout my life and for all the family traditions we have, they mean so much to me. Thank you for being such involved parents. You went on field trips, you chauffeured my friends and I around (back in the days where none of us had our licenses or cars), you went camping with me, signed up for community service hours with me because I needed it for school, you hosted parties and sleepovers, you have let me tag along and go to work with you, you helped me with science projects, and even were class parents and scout leaders. I’ve never forgotten any of it, and I never will. It is because of you that I have so many childhood memories.

Thank you for also being my cheerleaders. Thank you for coming to school plays, to dance recitals, band concerts, fundraisers and award ceremonies. You name it, you were there. Thank you so much, because looking back, now that I am much older, I realize you must have put a lot of things on hold to be there. You have both set the bar pretty high as far as being involved parents, and it is a goal of mine to reach that bar someday when I have my own kids.

Thank you for giving me a life not everyone is fortunate enough to have had. I may not be driving a Range Rover, and I may not be carrying a Chanel, but I have a beautiful life and I owe that to you, mom and dad. A roof has always been over my head, food has always been on the table, I have always had clothes in my closet, I have always had a good school to go to, and most importantly, I have always had a safe and loving home to come home to and, to me, that’s all that matters. So, thank you because I know you have sacrificed a lot in order for me to have that type of life. And thank you for everything that you have given me that wasn’t a necessity or a key ingredient to my success. You have spoiled me quite a bit throughout my life (and you still do), and I honestly don’t feel that I deserve it.

Thank you for being not only my first friends, but my first teachers as well. You have not only taught me things like how to bake cupcakes and how to drive a car but you have also taught me things from example, like how to take care of other people, how to be an individual- not just a member of a crowd-, how to work hard and how to be an honest person. You have always encouraged me to be a moral person and you have done the best you can to teach me right from wrong. You have both been an excellent example of good work ethic as well. You have shown me what it truly means to work hard and earn a living and that is something that not everyone gets the opportunity to see. I'm grateful that I got to see how hard you both work and how hard you both continue to work because I no longer take anything for granted. I hope you know that, I truly don't take any of your hard work, long hours, and stress for granted.I appreciate it, I know you are doing it for me. Besides learning good work ethic from you both, you have always taught me to be my own person, how to think for myself, and on top of that you have encouraged me to do my own thing. I am who I am because of your example and encouragement so I hope I am doing it justice.

Thank you for dealing with me -- just dealing with me, in general, because I know I can be annoying-but also thank you for dealing with me when I am not only being annoying but I am also being not so nice.. Believe it or not, I’m not always agreeable and easy to be around. I can be snarky, rude, and sometimes just outright nasty. So thank you for seeing past my ugly side and loving me regardless..it cannot be easy.. On that same note, thank you for forgiving me, when I completely disappoint you or hurt your feelings. I am so far from perfect but even still you always forgive me no matter what and I know it can’t always be easy. I appreciate that, and I want you to know I don’t mean the things I say when I’m upset (and four out of five times I’m probably just hungry; it’s nothing personal).

Last, but not least, thank you for loving me. I know that as long as you are in my life I will always know the feeling of being loved. You both love me unconditionally and I know that without a doubt. I know now, that not every child gets the privilege of knowing that their parents truly love them and want the best for them and I have been spoiled with love over the course of my nineteen years on this earth. There has never been a moment that I haven't been your priority and thats not something every person could say to their parents, so I am very fortunate. I have the greatest parents who I would be lost without. Thank you for loving me and supporting me through everything I have ever been through and everything I continue to go through. Life isn’t as scary because I have two amazing role models to guide me.

The truth is, I probably will never be able to express to you both how much I love you and appreciate you in everything you do, because that would take forever and it would be difficult for me to even begin to find the words to even just attempt to explain how much you both mean to me and how blessed I am that I was given two amazing people to call my parents. I am also, probably forgetting some very important things to thank you for right now, so I just want to say that I do notice everything and am thankful for everything.

I also want you both to know that you are both my absolute best friends, my rock, and my everything (I’m dead serious), and everything you do for me, from the little things to the big things, everything is appreciated. From getting gas in my car, to listening to my rants at the dinner table, to taking me out to lunch, for what you have done for me in the past, for what you are doing for me in the present, and for what you will do for me in the future, I am grateful for it all. So thank you, mom and dad, because I don’t want being my parents to be thankless jobs. I hope I am making you proud (because I’m trying my best!) I love you, I’ll love you forever. Thank you for everything.

Love,
The person who owes everything she has to you.