Dear Mom And Dad, As I Leave For College

Moving away is hard not just for you but for your parents as well

38

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know the day we all knew was coming is coming too fast, I understand that is so do you. I just want to tell you this first off I love you, but you already knew that. I know we have our fights and everything, but then again what parent and child pair doesn't have their fights? So with this new experience coming my way of me going to college, I just want you to know that yes I am moving away, but there is no way in heck that you won't be getting late night phone calls from me asking you what I should do about this problem or that. Mom I will probably call you to ask you if I can have some more money on my account or when do use cold water over hot (all very valid questions by the way) and dad I will call you when I either have a how do I cover something up or how do I fix something.

But regardless of the reasons understand that I am growing up and something I might not need you anymore. I don't need you to hold my hand anymore, I need to figure some things out for myself regardless of how much I fall on my face. So this is my promise to you I will try my hardest to be the best daughter you can ask for, I will use my brain and talents to get somewhere in this world and I will also look at you for help when I need it, but I need you to promise me something. Promise me that no matter how hard I want to turn back, don't let me. Push me as far as I can go and don't let me turn back.

I know you are afraid, heck I am too. I have no idea what this world is going to put in front of me and ask me what to do, and neither do you. But please trust me when I tell you this you raised a very bright girl (even though sometimes it might not seem like it) and I am ready to face the world with your guidance after all you have been around longer than I have, even though neither of you looks a day over thirty-five. Even if I do fall on my face when I'm out in the real world you taught me to get up brush yourself off and keep trying, that nothing in this life is free you have to work hard for the things that you want. So yes the day of moving in is coming fast, but I think I'm ready and I think you are too. there are going to be many tears the day of moving in, but know I will always love you no matter what happens

From,

your daughter