The 20 Stages Of Missing Home Friends, As Explained By The Kardashians

We love them more than Kanye loves Kanye.

17
Convert With Content

Ah, college. A time to burst out of our comfort zones and create lifelong relationships with people we only know by stalking their Facebooks. It's a time to have a fresh start, meet new people, become independent, and eventually learn who our real friends are. College forces us to lose touch with old friends from home and realize that we low-key never even liked some of them. But, true friendship stands the test of time—and in this case—distance. Our first thoughts about college are how we're going to make new friends, and once we do, we tend to get caught up in all the fun and forget about home.

...that is, until we're studying in the library at 2:00 a.m. and we begin to incredibly miss our hometown. We long for our bed, our family, and most importantly, our best friends. The ones that we have known for years and can be our complete selves around. There is nothing that even can compare to the overwhelming urge to talk to and be with our best friends from home. We tend to carry little pieces of all our friends with us wherever we go. So here are the 20 stages all college students go through when missing old BFFs, as explained by the Kardashians.

1. At first, we don’t even have time to think of our home friends—let alone miss them.

2. Maybe it's because we're too busy going out and having fun with our new college friends.

3. So we're gramming and snapping away each moment.

4. But of course, the roles reverse and we see our best friends posting Instagrams with their "best friends," a.k.a. people we have never even seen before?!?

5. On top of that, college begins to eat us alive and all the studying becomes overwhelming...

6. and we know the only thing that will make us feel better is venting to our best friends.
.

7. So we call them and start catching up on our lives...
,

8. ...and begin sharing all our wild college stories.

9. Then eventually it hits us how much we truly miss our home friends.

10. All it took was one Facetime call to remind us how much fun our old BFFs are, so video-chatting becomes a nightly routine...

12. ....and all our group chats are revived and lit again.

13. Despite loving college, there is something so comforting about talking to our best friends at home.

14. Probably because they know us better than anyone else...

15. ...and talking to them makes us feel like we're 15 years old with no responsibilities all over again.

16. We begin wishing we can just drive to their homes and sit on their couches, but then comes the heartbreaking realization that we're miles apart.

17. We then have to face the fact that the only times we will all be together again are only on breaks.

18. So all we are left to do is start counting down the days 'til we're reunited.

19. And we all know how that first day of being home will go down.

20. Because they are our best friends, and ain't nobody fresher than my mother f*ckin' clique.

P.S. I would like to dedicate this article to my home squad: Casey, Katlyn, Katie, Kimmy, Manny, Maria, Marisa, Nick, Nicky, Noelle, Robert, and Sheena. Although half of our messages in the GroupMe are "like gram pls," I'm glad we are still close enough to constantly roast each other. I love you all :)