Summer Blues

Summer Blues

A summer away from your friends.

19
Summer Blues
Christian Collier

Being away from your friends for the summer can be difficult. Friends travel to different states as well as different countries. During your time apart, you tend to miss them a lot. These are some ways you can keep the connection between your friends during these long summer days.

Video Chat

Sometimes just seeing their face is a good way to fill the void. With video chatting, you are able to talk face to face and enjoy their company. You can use Skype, Facetime, Facebook, and other applications. With some of these video chatting services, you are able to share your computer screen, and can watch a movie together. It would be as if you were hanging out with them, almost like you would in person.

Call Them

If you lack access to a web camera, why not give your friend a phone call? Calling a friend can be a quick and fun way to catch up. You can talk about anything. It is always fun to talk to each other about summer events, new crushes, and in general, life. Nothing beats curling up on the couch and having a good conversation with someone you love.

Text Them

When summer time gets busy, phone calls may be difficult to do. This is where texting becomes the next best thing. With texting, you are able to send a short or long message with the same content you may have wanted to discuss through a simple phone call. Not only is texting less time consuming, but it can have a response anytime in the day. Sometimes a simple "hey, how are you?" can make that friends day. I know it makes my week to know my friend was thinking about me.

Social Media

Social medias like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram are excellent ways to keep up with what your friend is doing. They may be taking selfies or traveling the world. Either way, you have the ability to see the things they are experiencing. Also, when a friend travels out of the United States, they may not have phone service. With different social medias, your friend will be able to communicate with access to wi-fi. This saves them money and provides them with an efficient way to keep in touch.

Both of You Have Fun

Most importantly, let them enjoy their adventures. Even though you love them so much, it is not good to smother them to death. Set up specific times for video chats and phone calls. It is okay to be spontaneous with texting and social medias, even sometimes with phone calls. Just try not to bother them with an abundance of communication techniques. When they have some free time, they will reach out to talk to you. In the meantime, enjoy your summer!