Miss you, Mac

Miss you, Mac

It is the two year anniversary of Mac Miller's death... come back to earth, your fans miss you!

34
Miss you, Mac

At just twenty-six years old, superstar Mac Miller was reported dead from an accidental overdose. It always saddens me to see the most undeserving people die, especially at a young age. Although Mac had an admitted addiction to drugs, it still came as a shock to fans, friends, and family everywhere. I personally experienced great grief when I heard this news in 2018, because my best friend and I had purchased tickets to see Mac perform live in concert just a few months after.

It was interesting, and sad, to see how other celebrities, friends of Mac, reacted to his death. It was as if people knew of his creativity and intelligence, but never really knew much about him on a personal level. The friends he had made it known to fans and the news that Mac had a kind, unforgettable soul. Ex-girlfriend Ariana Grande publicly posted a video of Miller on her Instagram, captioned with the message, "i adored you from the day i met you when i was nineteen and i always will," she wrote. "we talked about this. so many times. i'm so mad, i'm so sad i don't know what to do." Another close friend and icon in the hip-hop world, Chance the Rapper, said "Beyond helping me launch my career he was one of the sweetest guys I ever knew," about Miller on his Twitter page, revealing Mac's sweet personality.

Legends never die, and only the best die young. Rest in peace, Mac.