Mini Golf For First Date

5 reasons why mini Golf is a Good first date

Although mini golf is a goofy game usually played when there's time to kill, it may just turn out to be a great fundamental activity for building your relationship.

4999

Just like everyone else I know, a good game of mini golf does something for one's soul. It's a simple yet complex game that requires skill, patience, and a lot of luck. When it came time to pick a first date idea with my now boyfriend, mini golf seemed like a safe choice. Little did we know that it would help strengthen our relationship and become one of our favorite pastimes.

1. Communication

First dates are all about getting to know one another. Mini golf creates an open atmosphere that’s not too loud (like a concert), too quiet (like a movie), or where conversations are not being constantly interrupted (a restaurant). If the conversation flow is strong, then there’s no need to worry about being interrupted because you can talk while putting. And if the flow is slow, the game mini golf itself is a good conversation starter.

2. Building Teamwork

Teamwork is one of the most important pillars of any relationship. Doing any activity together as a couple requires teamwork. Mini golf is a great place to start figuring out if you and your date will be a good team in the future. If one of you can’t play nice now, the end game won’t turn out nicely either.

3. Competitiveness

Any couple has a natural reaction to be competitive with their partner. Mini golf is a perfect way to test each other’s competitiveness and create playful banter. By slightly pushing each other’s buttons during the game, this can also help avoid conflicts in the future.

4. Laughs

If your date can’t make you laugh at least once while playing mini golf, it’s probably not going to work out. Whether it’s missing an easy putt, hitting the ball so hard it rockets off the course, or making jokes about the obstacles, you’ll never run out of things to laugh about.

5. Activity Finding

Mini golf provides a great opportunity to find out what activities you would like to do as a couple. If you had a great time being competitive and playing the game, you know now that sports may be good date ideas for you both. But hey, maybe mini golf wasn’t your thing. Now you know to avoid physical activities and maybe stick to movie nights or building pillow forts.