Why People Need To Stop Hating On The Stranger Things Star

It's Time To Stop Hating On Millie Bobby Brown

She's literally only fourteen years old.

849
millie bobby brown

Something I've noticed a lot recently on social media is this unusual amount of hate that "Stranger Things" actress Millie Bobby Brown has been receiving. Many youtube channels have made videos with titles such as "WHY I HATE MILLIE BOBBY BROWN"

Not only that, she recently deactivated her twitter account after being involved in this internet meme depicting her as an antigay, racist, homophobic celebrity.

This needs to stop.

First of all, the reasons that people have been hating on her are completely absurd. One of the big reasons shown in videos of hating the actress are because she interrupts her co-stars during interviews. That's a really stupid reason to hate someone. I'll admit, interrupting is one of my biggest pet peeves but I am not going to hate someone for doing it. If her co-stars really had such a huge issue with her interrupting then I feel like they would've talked to her about it.

Another reason people have been hating on her is because she is making more money than the other kid actors on "Stranger Things". It has been reported that the other kids are making around $200,000 per episode for the upcoming season of the hit Netflix series, while Brown is making around $300,000 an episode.

Going off topic for a quick second, I would just like to say that $200,000 is SO MUCH money and if i had that money I wouldn't have to worry about paying for college.

I will admit that it's a little unfair that Brown is making more money than her co-stars that are around the same age as her, especially since her character isn't a huge central figure of the show anymore, compared to season one, but she has become the breakout star of the show and has established a name for herself, so it's understandable. But come on, are you really going to hate someone for making more money than their co-stars?

I think the biggest reason this hate on Millie Bobby Brown makes me so frustrated is because she's only fourteen years old.

Do I need to say that again because it really seems like people don't understand that. She's literally acting like every other teenager her age, the only difference is that she's growing up in the public eye so the smallest thing she does could be criticized.

The fact that a child actress has become a meme depicting her as a racist and a homophobe makes me sick, especially when she has shown her support for the LGBTQ community several times and has never made any known racist remarks. There's a word for what this is, and that word is cyberbullying.

So please, do everyone a favor and stop making hate videos and creating memes on a fourteen year old. It is very dumb and frankly quite embarrassing.

Instead of doing those things, watch season one and two of "Stranger Things", streaming on Netflix. It is a wonderful show and Millie Bobby Brown does an amazing job of portraying her character Eleven.