Millennials Want To Work For Socially Responsible Companies

To Help Better Society As A Whole
175

Compared to other generations, Millennials are much more likely to want to work for socially responsible companies. In fact, they’d even take a pay cut to work for a company that’s socially responsible over one that isn’t. It’s super important for them to see that the company is honest and open, wants to give back to the community and also wants to help better society as a whole.

They Want To Get Their Hands Dirty

Millennials don’t just want to work for a company that does these things. They want to be part of it. They want to be able to suggest ideas and be involved with the efforts the company is making. Millennials are a huge part of the population and their opinions should be valued. They understand their fellow peers and know what would work to entice them. That’s why they want to be included in these conversations and efforts. They know they can make a difference.

They Want Businesses To Be Transparent

Millennials grew up with mass media, so they’re more likely to be skeptical of it. They aren’t gong to blindly accept a slogan or a suspicious answer about the company’s social responsibility efforts. The companies they want to work for are open and honest about their doings in the world. They want to see that these companies are showing the world that they’re good citizens and are looking to better things.

Millennials don’t just cater to these types of businesses by being employees. They’re also showing it with their hard-earned money. They’re much more likely to buy from a company if they’re transparent—so Millennials might be on to something. There’s a good shot that the transparent companies are getting more great employees, as well as a bit more revenue.

They Want Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteering both entices more workers and makes current employees more engaged with their work. Millennials want to give their all to a company that they see is making the effort to give back. Being involved in corporate volunteer days is a must. In addition to that, they want to see paid service leave and opportunities for after-hours service.

With work and life being more intertwined than ever for Millennials, they see the place that they work as an extension of who they are. This means that a company that gives back is insanely important to them. They don’t want to work for a corporation that gets bad press or is known for treating the community or environment badly.

They Want Eco-Friendly Businesses

Sustainability and being eco-friendly is extremely important to Millennials. That’s why they’re much more likely to work for companies that care about those things. They’re going to take notice of excess waste in the company and bring it up at the next meeting and find more sustainable ways to do things. They’re on a mission to make the world a better place and they aren’t afraid to speak up.

They Look Up To Prominent Company Leaders

Millennials admire leaders who use their wealth and status for good. One of the most prominent people is Bill Gates, who is famous for his philanthropy work and desire to help the world. His charity focuses on noble causes like eradicating disease, improving nutrition and empowering the poor. He’s someone Millenials would want to work for.

It isn’t just the richest man in the world that exhibits these qualities, though. Robert Mericle is head of a commercial real estate company in Pennsylvania. He also has a huge influence in the area with both green building and local jobs. The first three industrial building in Northeastern PA to be granted LEED status were his buildings. The company is also prominent in community service efforts and passionate about the area.

Rebecca Peragine is an artist that started selling her wall art, cards and posters to contribute to environmental education for kids. All of the materials she uses for her art are eco-friendly. She also sells ornaments made by a women’s cooperative in Mexico and sells a certain poster where all the proceeds go to Future Fortified.

These are the kinds of companies and people that Millennials want to work for. They’re known for the work they do to help the community, as well as the world as a whole. They’re the people that are making whatever difference they can, no matter how small or large their company is.

Millennials aren’t just looking for a job. They’re looking to help a company change the world, one step at a time. Social responsibility is becoming more and more important with the rise of Millennials, and they’re ready to make that known.