Why Millennials Should Talk Politics

Why Millennials Should Talk Politics

trust me, it makes a difference.

8
Why Millennials Should Talk Politics
abc news

With the 2016 election quickly approaching, no matter where you go at some point throughout the day you will probably hear talk and be questioned about your views and who you may be voting for come November. However, when bringing up this subject to most millennials, they will probably strike back with the phrase “I don’t care”. You have those people who either know nothing at all, or those who spew BS just because of things the see based off the media.

Yes, I get it, politics is a very argumentative subject and most people in this generation don’t want to get involved in it for the sake of that reason alone. However, if you are of age to vote you SHOULD get involved. This doesn’t mean run to the polls in November and vote based off of the biased opinions of the media or your views of your parents, but actually educate yourself on the issues of today’s world and society and what will actually help make a difference when it comes down to it, and form your OWN opinions. Our generation is equipped with so much tools and technology why not use it wisely? Plus, you’ll sound really sophisticated when the dreaded political debate comes up at family dinner and you actually have a voice. Being an American we have this awesome privilege of voting (which many people fought for) for a reason so why not take advantage of it? Millennials especially, this is OUR future and our children’s future. It is us who is shaping the future for ourselves and everyone so go out and get involved. If you are not registered to vote when you are eligible to register then you have no right to complain about how this country is going because it is clear that you simply just don’t truly care. There’s too many issues going on in today’s world for them to be ignored. Even if you feel these issues don’t affect you or concern you now, and think there’s no reason to do anything because of that, a few years from now these issues will hit you and you will be wishing there is something that you could do about it. Nobody has to know who you’re voting for or what your views are, as long as you’re making a difference in some way that is all that matters. The reason why older generations look down on us millennials so much is because they constantly think we don’t know anything or we don’t know what we’re talking about. It’s time for us to change that stereotype. Even if you’re “not into politics” it’s still always great to keep yourself informed. Our vote may not mean a whole lot but it does make a difference. Stop using your sorry excuses and don’t leave the decisions up to someone else. We are the greatest country in the world and I intend for it to stay that way. Have some pride and go out and express your voice for once.

Good luck and happy voting!