The Millennial Fear Of Vulnerability Is Clouding Our Newly Created Bonds

We are scared to talk at this point because of the fear of losing people.

351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQOw0dHRZA

A voice, each person granted life on this earth has been given a voice or some form of communication to speak to one another and verbalize both feelings and emotions. We talk and become comfortable with one another as we share common interests and past experiences that push us closer and enable us to speak about things that we couldn't even imagine coming up in conversation. These connections are made purely out of what we believe to be right as well as something that could grow into something else which is significant within itself. Every person has an opinion and a feeling that draws them towards a specific person or statement that might start a conversation worth speaking about.

As these relationships begin, we start opening up to others with honesty about our lives and compassion towards theirs. This is not an easy task as we are outwardly putting ourselves out there which could be extremely nerve-racking and vulnerable as we do not know what's going to happen next. Us, the millennials do not live in the moment anymore as we induce our lives with fear due to what we see and watch as we personalize those experiences and only look at the negatives that could happen. Some of our connections and bonds are so superficial that it's difficult to even see an inner layer with all of the outer insecurities layering over those aspects of a person that we would care to know.

The fear that consumes us is making difficult to allow these relationships to grow and thrive which creates tension and difficulties in both friendships and relationships. The more that we keep to ourselves, the feeling of alone intensifies and we feel as if we cannot communicate broader topics with deeper meaning to one another. Yes being vulnerable has its downsides, but while having that type of mindset is simple, it won't get you far in any relationship that you try to purse. Putting yourself out there is the first step of allowing for change so you can grow as a person and let the same positive energy flow around you.

Put your phone on do not disturb for a few minutes and talk to a friend about an experience that changed your life, you might meet somewhere in the middle that you never expected. The more we speak and communicate as humans, the better we can comfort each other and be supportive when the tides get high and you're all alone. There will be days that we won't be okay and I'm sure that you've already encountered those as I have to. But the most crucial aspect of life is being present at the moment and speaking upon your experiences and building upon your wisdom and knowledge of those around you.

Today we choose happiness and I hope that tomorrow we do as well, in doing so we promise to put our best foot forward and speak with compassion and kindness. It's not simple, but we all do it and continue to by treating others with respect and allowing ourselves to be present in others lives while taking on our own. Every day is a challenge, but you can make any change you want in your life with a positive mindset.