I used my own personal favorites and the charts to compile this “playlist" so to speak. I hope these songs bring back memories and a smile to your face.
1. "Adorn" by Miguel
2. "Pop That" by French Montana
3. "Mercy" by Kanye West
Kanye West solidified himself as one of the best producers with this song. The beat change on his verse is spectacular, to say the least.
4. "Bandz a Make Her Dance" by Juicy J
5. "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys
6. "Thinkin’ Bout You" by Frank Ocean
You played this when your crush sat next to someone else on the bus.
7. "Gangnam Style" by Psy
3.67 BILLION views on YouTube, enough said.
8. "Starships" by Nicki Minaj
9. "Royals" by Lorde
10. "Stay" by Rihanna
11. "Started From the Bottom" by Drake
Even with people saying “He was on Degrassi! He never struggled! He didn’t come from the bottom!” Drake still topped charts with this song.
12. "Wake Up" by Avicii
13. "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey
The moody beat, the low vocals, what more can you ask for on a Lana song?
14. "Love Me" by Lil’ Wayne
This is a great addition to the long list of perfection that is a Lil Wayne and Drake song.
15. "F**ckin Problems" by A$AP Rocky
With verses from Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and 2 Chain; this song had me whispering the f-bomb in my room while it was playing on my iPod.
16. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons
Imagine Dragons started their ascension to the top of the alt rock charts with this song.
17. "Rico Story" by Speaker Knockerz (RIP)
Proof that new school “mumble rappers” can tell stories.
18. "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea
This introduced American listeners to “the thunder from down under” that was Iggy Azalea.
19. "Rude" by MAGIC!
20. "Bang Bang" by Jessie J
The remix? The original? Whichever you prefer, Jessie J did not come here to play when she made this song.
21. "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake
I still have no idea what Lil Jon says before the beat drops.
22. "Take Me to Church" by Hozier
All the discussions over this song’s, and its music video’s, meaning.
23. "Drunk in Love" by Beyoncé
Cigars on ice? Surfboard? Beyoncé had me on urban dictionary at a young age.
24. "Latch" by Disclosure
25. "Antidote" by Travis Scott
1. Don’t you open up that window.
2. Don’t you let out that antidote.