Going To Ohio State From Michigan

7 Things Michigan Natives Hear When They Attend Ohio State

3. "Is your family disappointed?"

119
Isabel Hall

It's no secret that Ohio State and the University of Michigan have a huge rivalry. If you live in one of these two states, chances are you have strong feelings about your rival. I was born and raised in Michigan but when it was time to pick my college, I went with Ohio State. Being from Michigan and going to Ohio State makes for an interesting combination, and people react in a variety of ways when they ask "Where are you from?" and hear that dreaded state up north in response. Here are 7 things Michigan natives hear when they attend Ohio State.

1. "Ewwwwww, Michigan"

Short and simple, this describes the vast majority of Ohio native's thoughts on Michigan.

2. "Oh, so you're one of the smart ones then!"

Actually, yes. Yes, I am. I chose to come to this amazing university, so I guess I am pretty smart because I made a good choice.

3. "Is your family disappointed?"

Growing up in Michigan, it's no surprise that some of my family members are fans of U of M; in fact, some even went there. They are supportive but when it comes down to it, are some of them disappointed? Probably.

4. "Oh wow. I bet the Michigan game gets intense for you then"

It definitely does. Many of my friends, family, and the people I knew from high school are U of M fans, and they are relentless when it comes to bashing Ohio State around the rivalry game.

5. "Are you a Michigan fan then?"

Of course not! I may be from Michigan, but that doesn't mean that I'm a Michigan fan. I'm a Buckeye fan just like you.

6. "Why did you choose to come to Ohio State?"

Like everyone else who goes here, I came and toured the school and really enjoyed campus and Columbus. I also wanted to go to college out of state, and I guess I just happened to choose the most hated university by Michigan natives.

7. "Ah, so you're a traitor then"

Well, I guess in some ways I am because of the whole rivalry thing, but I am a proud traitor then.