Quotes by Michelle Obama to Get You Through School

Michelle Obama Quotes To Live By This School Year

Our beloved Former First Lady, Michelle Obama, have said some amazing quotes that will encourage you all year round.

79

With such power and impact on many lives, Michelle Obama remains a great leader, bold with her beliefs and shows continuous support for women empowerment, education, in working hard. This school year, take each quote and really put your all in everything that you do, stand up for what is right, and make yourself proud because nothing can stop you!

1. "How hard you work matters more than how much you make.”

2. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts ... good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don't hurt. They're not painful. That's not just with somebody you want to marry, but it's with the friends that you choose. It's with the people you surround yourselves with.”

3. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”

4. "When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don't stoop to their level. No, our motto is, when they go low, we go high."

5. "Let us not forget: I didn't just wake up First Lady... I mean, I went to law school, I practised law, I worked for the city, I ran a nonprofit (and) I was an executive at a hospital. I've been in the world. I've worked in every sector, and you don't do that without coming up against some stuff. You know, having your feelings hurt, having people say things about you that aren't true… Life hits you, so over the course of living, you learn how to protect yourself in it. You learn to take in what you need and get rid of the stuff that's clearly not true."

6. "Find people who will make you better."

7. "When you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

8. “I want our young people to know that they matter, that they belong, so don’t be afraid. You hear me? Young people, don’t be afraid. Be focused, be determined, be hopeful, be empowered … Lead by example with hope, never fear, and know that I will be with you, rooting for you and working to support you for the rest of my life.”

9. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”

10. “Success isn’t about how your life looks to others. It’s about how it feels to you. We realized that being successful isn’t about being impressive, it’s about being inspired. That’s what it means to be true to yourself.”

11. “You may not always have a comfortable life. And you will not always be able to solve all the world’s problems all at once. But don’t ever underestimate the impact you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own.”